Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse..

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse..

Post by tenfoot »

LinuxMint v18.3 MATE

My Logitech Cordless InternetPro keyboard and mouse, Model No. Y-RAJ56A has served me well for several years. However, the characters on some of the keys have worn off and I'm finding it difficult to see them.

Currently I am looking to buy either the Logitech Wireless Wave Combo MK550, or the Logitech MK520R Wireless Combo, or the Logitech Wireless MK850 Performance but none of them specify that they work with Linux.

I have searched the Hardware Database at the Linux Mint Community website but the latest Mint version for Logitech keyboards is Rosa.

So, my question is: has any forum member used any of the models I'm looking at or knows of anyone who has used one of them successfully with LinuxMint, please? Alternatively, is anyone able to suggest a wireless keyboard/mouse combo other than Logitech, please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse..

Post by AZgl1800 »

That is aggravating isn't it?

My laptop's function keys will not work right unless you use the Function Key as a preface first...
F5 should always be "Refresh", but not on this keyboard.

I have the old LogicTech keyboard you talk about, I really liked it, just too much trouble to use it separately from a laptop.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
DAMIEN1307

Re: Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse..

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

cant tell ya much about the different model numbers but what i can tell you is that im typing right now on a 3 yr old logitech combo keyboard/mouse as we speak here...ive also had many people in the town i live in as well as out of staters i do teamviewer sessions with to just go to walmart and by the cheapest logitech combo they have...zero complaints...all have worked just fine...in fact i havent seen any keyboard or mouse, wireless or wired that didnt work in any distro of linux ive installed, and at least with wally world...if something doesnt work, they take it back no problem...hope this helps you...DAMIEN

Return to “Hardware Support”