Question regarding PSENSOR application

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

Question regarding PSENSOR application

Post by wpshooter »

I notice that on the PSENSOR application that you have to click
on the close or exit function on the left side menu drop down to
actually close the application whereas clicking on the X button on
the top right corner only minimizes the application to the panel, i.e.
it is left still running.

Is this behaviour by intent or is this a flaw in the application design ?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
DAMIEN1307

Re: Question regarding PSENSOR application

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

this is by intent...lol...DAMIEN
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wpshooter »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:37 pm this is by intent...lol...DAMIEN
Why would they not just allow you to minimize with the normal minimize button
and allow the X to close the program like MOST other application ?

Thanks.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

The normal minimize button would minimize the program into the window list and use the space there, which is rather limited. Psensor is made to control the computer in the background. You can activate the option to minimize it automatically at start.
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wpshooter »

Cosmo. wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:26 pm The normal minimize button would minimize the program into the window list and use the space there, which is rather limited. Psensor is made to control the computer in the background. You can activate the option to minimize it automatically at start.
What is "window list" ? Are you talking about the panel ?

I don't see anything in preferences, etc. that would "seem" to minimize it automatically at start.

Thanks.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

The window list - by some people named taskbar - is the place, where the icons for the opened program windows get shown. It is in the panel, more or less in the middle of it.

The questioned psensor setting is the second last on the preferences window.
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wpshooter »

My preferences has 5 tabs:

Interface
Startup
Graphs
Sensors
Providers

I don't see anything as you are describing.

My version of Psensor is 1.1.3.

Thanks.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

I use - in LM 17.3 - an older version of psensor. This explains the differences. I cannot tel anything about your version, but I would guess, that the respective setting is in the Startup section.
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wpshooter »

Cosmo. wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:39 pm I use - in LM 17.3 - an older version of psensor. This explains the differences. I cannot tel anything about your version, but I would guess, that the respective setting is in the Startup section.
No, not there. I'll just have to remember to close application on left side of program, not with X.

I am still inclined to think that this is a minor cosmetic bug in the application.

I think when someone wrote the code that they somehow have assigned the same function, i.e. minimize to both
the minimize button and the X button which is normally used to close an application. Never done any coding
of that type so I don't really know if that is possible.

Thanks.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

ok...tell me how you want psensor to behave...i find it very useful...i have it on the lower left enabled on startup and would be happy to help you configure it to do the same...im totally up to date using the latest version of editions and softwares...it does not infringe at all on system speeds, starup, etc...i can tell you how to configure it to work in your system where it is present yet non-intrusive on your computer...DAMIEN
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wpshooter »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:25 pm ok...tell me how you want psensor to behave...i find it very useful...i have it on the lower left enabled on startup and would be happy to help you configure it to do the same...im totally up to date using the latest version of editions and softwares...it does not infringe at all on system speeds, starup, etc...i can tell you how to configure it to work in your system where it is present yet non-intrusive on your computer...DAMIEN
Damien:

Thanks for your offer of assistance but I can configure it just fine. My only question was why
the program is NOT closed when you click on the X, which in most all programs I have ever
used CLOSES the program, not minimize it.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition

Return to “Software & Applications”