Question: Desktop and wireless card

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DWai

Question: Desktop and wireless card

Post by DWai »

Hello everyone,

Warning* I am a complete newbie.

I just installed Linux Mint on my desktop, Linux being the only operation system. I do NOT have wired connection so I have a netgear usb stick/card. Questions 1: How do I make the computer recognize the usb card? Questions 2: How do I connect to the wireless router? I do not have any other way of connecting to the internet.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Question: Desktop and wireless card

Post by catweazel »

DWai wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:57 am netgear usb stick/card
It would be helpful to others to know the model number.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
DWai

Re: Question: Desktop and wireless card

Post by DWai »

It is the Netgear 6200 Network Adapter. It is probably 5 years old.

If it is too old and not compatible with Mint, I can purchase a new one or a better one if you recommend it.

Thank you so much for helping!

Return to “Beginner Questions”