Solved: When will Mint see version 64 of the Chrome browser?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tlmcca
Level 1
Level 1

Solved: When will Mint see version 64 of the Chrome browser?

Post by tlmcca »

I am currently running Mint 17.3 on the three desktop machines in my home. My trigger for applying maintenance has been the arrival of fixes to Chrome since they tend to come at a semi-regular basis and the browser is the portal to many of the uses of our PCs. Version 64 of Chrome was released January 24 and in the announcement it was stated that it "...will roll out over the coming days/weeks." So here we are more than a month later and still nothing in Update Manager. What should my expectation be?

Thanks,
Terry
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Sir Charles

Re: When will Mint see version 64 of the Chrome browser?

Post by Sir Charles »

I can see Chrome 64 stable in Synaptic.
Do you have deb [arch=amd64] http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main added to your software sources?
I am on 18.3 but I don't think there should be any difference. Or...?
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

Linux mint 17 runs: Ubuntu 14.04
While,
Linux mint 18 runs: Ubuntu 16.04
tlmcca
Level 1
Level 1

Post by tlmcca »

I don't know why but Software Manager ==> Software Sources did not have the Google repository enabled. I enabled, refreshed cache and refreshed Update Manager and Version 64 is now there to be applied.

I'll have to remember that for the future.

Terry
Pilfer

Re: Solved: When will Mint see version 64 of the Chrome browser?

Post by Pilfer »

I'm running Mint 18.3 and the Software Manager just pushed version 65 to my machine a few days ago. 64 has been out awhile. I'm thinking it has to do with using 17.

There must be a compatibility reason for you to still be running 17? 18 runs wonderfully!!

I installed version 64 on 2/22/18 directly from Google's website, not through the package manager. Version 65 is definitely in the package manager though. So 64 must of been for awhile.
tlmcca
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Solved: When will Mint see version 64 of the Chrome browser?

Post by tlmcca »

Pilfer,

Thanks for your response. I see that v65 just went stable yesterday so I expect to see it in a day or so.
There must be a compatibility reason for you to still be running 17? 18 runs wonderfully!!
It has always been my inclination to stay with my stable release of Mint as long as possible giving the more time for bugs to surface and be fixed in the next release.

Terry

Return to “Software & Applications”