A Belated Hello

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rayland-BH

A Belated Hello

Post by Rayland-BH »

Hello, Linux Mint forum members. I read this forum often, but post rarely. I am about to start my first more technical thread, and felt it would be rude of me to do so without first introducing myself.

I am a television colorist based in Los Angeles, and I have been using Linux Mint for a little over a year. I started using it both to broaden my horizons and also to see if someone with middling computer skills could, in fact, use Linux instead of Windows on a daily basis (Spoiler: Yes). My initial research lead me to Ubuntu, and further reading lead me to Mint, which was both the first distro I tried, and the one I have chosen to stick with (I installed 6 in that first month). I have come to appreciate both the wonderful software that is Linux Mint, and the equally wonderful forum, which I read regularly. I would love to contribute, though my technical skills are much more in the vein of video engineering than OS troubleshooting. My primary goal here is to be a net positive on this forum, and if that means mostly remaining silent because I don't know what I am talking about, then so be it.

As much as I want to, I cannot currently leave Windows and MacOS behind entirely, due both to work and my video gaming addiction, though I am glad to have at least somewhat reduced their grip on my life. Using LM is a liberating feeling, and I finally feel like I am in control of my computer as opposed to the other way around. For example, while I have been typing this post on my laptop, my Win 10 gaming PC, of it's own accord, installed updates, rebooted, and put 2 new icons on my desktop and one in my system tray. *sigh*

Anyway, I am a quiet, but enthusiastic convert to Linux, and I am extremely grateful to the smart people who both voluntarily develop it and support it in their precious free time. Thank you all, and I look forward to seeing you all around the forums.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: A Belated Hello

Post by catweazel »

Welcome to posting questions in the forums :)
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Hey - - welcome to our forum
:)

Do Take the Time to Read the LinuxMint Users Guide that came with the installation.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Rayland-BH Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

Hello Rayland-BH in my old stomping grounds.
Welcome to the forums and enjoy your Mint
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”