[SOLVED] Accidentally deleted program installation folder

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MrIggy

[SOLVED] Accidentally deleted program installation folder

Post by MrIggy »

I accidentally deleted the installation folder of Wine. I still managed to "completely remove" it with synaptic manager but since I did have some programs installed there do I need to run some type of cleaning program, like I would have to in Windows, or is everything simply deleted for good?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: Accidentally deleted program installation folder

Post by kukamuumuka »

Recovering files using R-Linux -> viewtopic.php?f=42&t=265582&p=1442852#p1442852
Mute Ant

Post by Mute Ant »

The files Wine makes when you run it belong to you. Delete them if you like, or ignore them. If you avoid using sudo the OS is safe.
MrIggy

Post by MrIggy »

Mute Ant wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:57 pm The files Wine makes when you run it belong to you. Delete them if you like, or ignore them. If you avoid using sudo the OS is safe.
What I meant was, are there going to be certain leftover files from the programs I had installed in Wine because I deleted the installation folder but didn't uninstall the programs first? Are they only installed in the Wine folder so when I deleted them they are deleted for good or do I need something like CCleaner in Windows so I delete any leftover files as well?
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

They're only installed in the Wine folder. Nothing else needs to be cleaned.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
MrIggy

Post by MrIggy »

Moem wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:20 pm They're only installed in the Wine folder. Nothing else needs to be cleaned.
Great, thank you.

Return to “Beginner Questions”