Where is startup? [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Where is startup?

Post by altair4 »

First I'm not currently using KDE4 but in searching google for another post I found this:
The system's KDE4 autostart directory is: /usr/share/autostart/
The user's KDE4 autostart directory is: $HOME/.kde/share/autostart/
Hope this helps.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Husse

Post by Husse »

All I want is prevent mintUpdate start all the time my desktop comes up
Why?
mintUpdate is a feature in Mint and should start....
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

look in /etc/xdm/*.
there is a auto start or start file there.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
anthony2010

Post by anthony2010 »

Hi.

Perhaps you dont want to run update because it temporarily slows down your pc or there is not enough bandwidth? im only guessing.

All you need to do is right click on the padlock icon and select quit.

Personally I would't disable it all together or you may miss timely and valuable updates.

ant.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Where is startup? [SOLVED]

Post by altair4 »

I'm not smart enough to actually implement this and I guess it's counter to the original design idea of mintUpdate but perhaps a better way would be to implement something like this in the future:

Right now every time you boot into Mint mintupdate gets loaded into the tool tray and automatically searches for updates. Why not add an option that will still load the icon in the tool tray but not search for updates until the user double clicks the icon. Maybe a new icon of a padlock with a question mark overlaid on it to indicate that some action is required to determine if an update is available. Those who like it the way it is would do nothing. Those that don't would disable "automatically search for updates on startup".

Just a thought.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
slider
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Where is startup? [SOLVED]

Post by slider »

altair4

I think thats a valid point that you have made, and a really good idea that should be added and backported to the LTS version as well!

Return to “Software & Applications”