printer(OPGELOST)

Ondersteuningsforum voor Nederlandstalige gebruikers

Moderator: Moem

Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zeilboer
Level 3
Level 3

printer(OPGELOST)

Post by zeilboer »

Kan ik ongestraft mijn canon kleurenprinter vervangen door een zwart wit laserprinter van brother(of een ander merk).Ik werk met linux mint 18.3 cinnamon
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: printer

Post by Moem »

Ik heb de ervaring dat HP printers het beste ondersteund worden door Linux. Brothers krijg je ook wel aan de praat maar daar is iets meer werk aan.
Ik gebruik zelf momenteel een HP laserjet 1010, naar volle tevredenheid; dat is inprikken en printen maar. Die vind je voor een tientje op Marktplaats. En veel mensen doen ze weg omdat ze niet meer werken onder Windows 10. :lol:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Moem: You can find it for a tenner...? :D

Recently there have been a spate of posts from people with Brother Lasers with scanners that have not been able to get the scanners working. While the Brother driver is a fairly easy install, if the printer is an AIO and has a scanner, you may want to go with the HP.

I'd use Google Translate but I'm afraid it might end up like this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akbflkF_1zY
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Arch_Enemy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:51 am Moem: You can find it for a tenner...? :D
Sure thing. I managed that more than once. Current one is one of those.
Zeker weten, dat is meer dan eens gelukt. De huidige is er eentje van.
Arch_Enemy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:51 am Recently there have been a spate of posts from people with Brother Lasers with scanners that have not been able to get the scanners working. While the Brother driver is a fairly easy install, if the printer is an AIO and has a scanner, you may want to go with the HP.
I'll be your Google Translate:
De laatste tijd zijn er veel posts van mensen met Brother laserprinters plus scanners, die het scangedeelte niet aan de praat hebben gekregen. Het Brother stuurprogramma is vrij makkelijk te installeren, maar als de printer een alles-in-één is en een scanner heeft, wil je waarschijnlijk liever de HP.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Thanks Moem!

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
zeilboer
Level 3
Level 3

Post by zeilboer »

Geld dit verhaal ook voor de wat nieuwere printers van HP bv. HP Xpress M2026W
Een simpele Brother zwart wit printer doet het dus ook wel?Of is het ook alleen voor oudere types??
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

We'll try it met Google...

Alleen Brother-laserprinters met scanners. Het afdrukgedeelte werkt prima. Controleer op de website van Brother of het model dat u bevalt, wordt behandeld. Bijna allemaal.

Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Van nieuwere HP printers weet ik niet echt wat af, die heb ik nooit geprobeerd, maar ik heb nergens gehoord dat die moeilijk zouden zijn. En een eenvoudige Brother zwart-wit printer zou het ook moeten doen. Het zijn voornamelijk de drie-in-één machines die problemen geven.

zeilboer
Level 3
Level 3

Post by zeilboer »

Beste forumleden,
Bedankt voor jullie tips en voor het meedenken.TOP

Return to “Nederlands - Dutch”