Ubuntu Randomly Freezes, Mint does not. Why?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tonedeaf

Ubuntu Randomly Freezes, Mint does not. Why?

Post by Tonedeaf »

Ever since the release of ubuntu 8.04, I've had problems with the whole OS freezing at random times, killing my homework at all the wrong times and annoying the heck out of me. When 8.10 came out, I was excited to not have to deal with this anymore, but it still happened in both an upgrade and a fresh install. It even happened once with a tryout of 9.04 a few days ago. I promptly went back to Mint 6, but then I realized: Mint is based on ubuntu, and Ubuntu keeps freezing. Why doesn't Mint freeze (not that I'm complaining)?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Ubuntu Randomly Freezes, Mint does not. Why?

Post by altair4 »

Was this post really written by a Mint developer trying to elicit some praise :lol:
It's the value add you get when you upgrade to Mint of course. :wink:

It could be a lot of things I suppose. Many things you added to get Ubuntu to the way you wanted are preinstalled in Mint. Those Ubuntu additions may have induced some instability depending on how and when they where installed. MintUpdate provides a level of protection by limiting the scope of what is updated by default. I don't know if there is a simple answer to your question.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.

Return to “Software & Applications”