Xbox 360 Controller/Receiver Issue

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mrgoodcat

Xbox 360 Controller/Receiver Issue

Post by mrgoodcat »

I'm having major trouble with my wireless xbox 360 controllers. Every time I load an emulator or play steam games the controls are way off. For example, when I try to play mario kart 64 my character goes sharply right and when I load up Left4Dead2 any time I touch the right joystick it acts like the hit button. I have read forums and watched youtube videos, and I've tried people's suggestions which doesn't fix the issue. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but with no resolution. I'm using a Xbox 360 wireless pc receiver to connect my wireless xbox 360 controller. I'm hoping that someone might be able to provide helpful tips to resolve this issue.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Xbox 360 Controller/Receiver Issue

Post by karlchen »

Sorry, I fail to see how Xbox 360 is related to Linux Mint. :?
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
PeterRJG
Level 2
Level 2

Post by PeterRJG »

karlchen wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:23 pm Sorry, I fail to see how Xbox 360 related to Linux Mint. :?
The OP is talking about the controller and its receiver, not the platform itself.

Edit: I wouldn't mind knowing about issues with Xbox controllers as I intend to use one with my own Linux box at some time.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Oh, I see. My ignorance. :oops:
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
mrgoodcat

Post by mrgoodcat »

OK... I noticed in my original post I didn't any give specific details about which version of Linux Mint I am running nor the emulator/gaming client. I am running Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.3 and I was playing Mario Kart 64 on Dolphin and Mupen64plus and running Left4Dead2 on steam. I'm not using Wine to run any of these games. When I first installed those programs and started playing the controls seemed fine but it wasn't until I synced another wireless Xbox 360 control hat this issue occurred. I like I said I'm using a Xbox360 PC wireless receiver. I looked on the Linux Mint forum for a solution and tried several suggestions like uninstalling and reinstalling and updating the drivers. I even tried to disconnecting the second controller and still same issue. Some other games I've tried was Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess/Wind Waker on the Dolphin and the character goes sharply right. Originally, I thought it was the emulator that was the problem so I uninstall and reinstall the emulator. But this issue happens on every emulator and on steam games. Another thing I tried was plugging up a wired Xbox 360 controller and it worked perfectly. I understand that wired controllers use different drivers than the wireless receiver. Basically, the purpose of this post is to figure out if anyone else is having the same problem and if there a way to fix this issue.

Return to “Hardware Support”