System freezes after reopeining laptop lid (Solved)

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yanaz_pl
Level 1
Level 1

System freezes after reopeining laptop lid (Solved)

Post by yanaz_pl »

I use Dell Latitude E6420 laptop with Linux Mint KDE 18.3 64-bit. I'm new to linux. I've just installed it.

System freezes after reopening laptop lid when I'm in login screen. I know I can disable sleep and hibernation but I want to keep that setting. It happens when system is set to hibernate and when it's set to sleep. If I suspend manually everything works fine.

Switching video driver from Nouveau to nvdia has helped me. Also using that script has helped many people: http://chriseiffel.com/everything-linux ... 4-mint-11/
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
giorgiog

Re: System freezes after reopeining laptop lid

Post by giorgiog »

I have the same issue. Started yesterday. After your post I tried to suspend it manually and everything works fine after restart. But closing the lid freezes the laptop. Maybe somebody will have the answer.
giorgiog

Post by giorgiog »

Suddenly, with no obvious reason, problem disappeared.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

it is hit and miss,

I tried everything I could and was suggested, finally just ended up setting all power settings to 'never' and lid close to 'nothing'.
my laptop is an ASUS tp500l

on my Dell Aspiron, it seems to work fine for some reason.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint

Return to “Hardware Support”