the update manager & synaptic sometime say stuff along the lines of
"the package cannot be authenticated"
but if package-info is refreshed/update (sudo apt-get update) often then seems to temporarily somewhat resolve ..
2. also after updating it displays a dialog approx "task is ﬁnished"
but that dialog seems to keep synaptic instance [still running in background] until "okay" pressed thus cannot install software (locked-out) 3. update manager-update list, feature request:
save several recent ping-timing runs use an average/median/low(20-30%)percentile(extra weight to avoid slow times) to obtain a more representative mirror-speed selection ordering
- ? add ability to export times for upload
- time-of-day analysis and choose mirrors that are faster when internet there is faster
- logging downtime - not only that, also local-network down vs their-server down
4. incidentally found out that some mirror quietly support https,
given events recent (years), trends, perhaps quietly update some mirrors to that
via edit , should be very easy
and make sure apt-transport-https installed
5. changelog.ubuntu.com used by synaptic and update-manager
supports https too - free to update protocols ?