15 sec login

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

15 sec login

Post by herbie643 »

15 sec login seems to be a bit too long. I renamed .config/autostart and logged in.
11 sec login.
There must be something Cinnamon is doing behind the scenes.
My laptop is just about 10yrs old. Once I am logged in the system is fine, really snappy.
I also have Xfce on this computer and it logs in in about 3-4secs.
Anyone have any ideas as my search of the forum returns mostly slow boot up; not a probem here, peppy even.
So, any help, ideas would be greaty appreciated.

PS:
Running Antergos with Cinnamon (duh).
System is a Core2 Duo with 3gb ram.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: 15 sec login

Post by catweazel »

herbie643 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:52 pm Running Antergos with Cinnamon (duh).
So why are you posting in a Linux Mint forum?

The antergos forums are here: https://forum.antergos.com/
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

Post by herbie643 »

Because I feel it is a Cinnamon problem. It has little basis on which Distro you run, It's Linux MIint's showcase DE.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

herbie643 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:17 pm Because I feel it is a Cinnamon problem. It has little basis on which Distro you run, It's Linux MIint's showcase DE.
These are Mint forums, not antergos forums, and not Cinnamon DE forums either, and it has everything to do with the distro you run.

https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues

Bug reports for the DE go there, but your problem isn't necessarily a DE bug. It could be, and is likely to be, something your antergos OS is doing.

I don't fancy your chances of getting a speedy resolution here. You will have to wait for someone with antergos expertise to wander along.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

Post by herbie643 »

Buzzer, wrong. It's the freaking Applets causing the slow login.
Let's see now, Cinnamon is the Flagship DE for Linux Mint but if you install Cinnamon on another Distro, good luck getting support. Real nice.
As the airlines say, "Buh bye."
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

herbie643 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:03 am Let's see now, Cinnamon is the Flagship DE for Linux Mint but if you install Cinnamon on another Distro
... then you will need to turn to that other distro for support. That's right. That's how it works. You may not like it, but there's no reason to be rude about it and it won't help.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

herbie643 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:03 am Buzzer, wrong. It's the freaking Applets causing the slow login.
Let's see now, Cinnamon is the Flagship DE for Linux Mint but if you install Cinnamon on another Distro, good luck getting support. Real nice.
As the airlines say, "Buh bye."
Did you get flamed off the Antergos forum??? I suspect so.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Chat about Linux”