Linux Mint made me life better, no for real

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Helldogz

Linux Mint made me life better, no for real

Post by Helldogz »

Even when this post doesn't improve the provided knowledge by the forum I still wanted to say Thank you to you guys.

I installed LM earlier that year on a Dell Laptop which I got from a friend who was going to scrap it. After adding a new keyboard and a new battery it started its second life. The 1st thing I learned to love is the gnome disk manager. How could I ever deal with the SD cards and images with Windows? It eased up my Raspberry configuration so much! The 2nd thing is Mint's efficiency. While Windows emptied the battery in a half hour, it now reaches one and a half while working on it! Also, it feels so much faster than Ubuntu, which I had some years ago. I have no idea how you achieve this on an Intel Core Duo :wink:
And last but not least (I know that's not mint specific but): I had a little hard and security concerning time when I was looking for the CH430G USB driver on Windows for my ESP8266s and were more than pleased to find out that this driver is already in the Linux Kernel

You guys rocks! I was never gladder to start monthly donations since Wikipedia :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Linux Mint made me life better, no for real

Post by Pierre »

YES - - there is so many cases, of where an installation of an Linux System,
has revived some old hardware. 8)

however, like the Windows System, the Linux System is also evolving as well.
:)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
whm1974
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Linux Mint made me life better, no for real

Post by whm1974 »

Pierre wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:51 am YES - - there is so many cases, of where an installation of an Linux System,
has revived some old hardware. 8)

however, like the Windows System, the Linux System is also evolving as well.
:)
Yes I have revived older hardware that were almost useless with newer versions of Windows for friends and family myself.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”