LAMP again, this time Bitnami Lampstack

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
timbow
Level 1
Level 1

LAMP again, this time Bitnami Lampstack

Post by timbow »

A bit of a surprise here. - it just works!
Download the installer and run, plus there are good faqs and help pages. I have wordpress and GetSimple installed on a local LAMP stack without any complications. Incredible. the whole thing seems to go in the Home folder so there are no issues with permissions. I don't want anybody thinking I am spamming, the download is easy enough to find.

I will leave this here for other users. There have been plenty of lessons learned, and not all good ones really for linux mint, like
  • It has been an absurdly long and difficult session of trial and error to set up what should be a straightforward and commonplace arrangement - a LAMP development server.
  • Also that the internet is awash with helpful tutorials and instructions, almost all of which are out of date, or wrong or irrelevant or incomplete. I haven't found a single one which I would recommend.
  • And the last lesson - with linux you are on your own. Paddle your own canoe. Nobody is going to help you.
Good luck!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: LAMP again, this time Bitnami Lampstack

Post by kukamuumuka »

timbow wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:48 am [*]And the last lesson - with linux you are on your own. Paddle your own canoe. Nobody is going to help you.[/list]
Not true.

Return to “Software & Applications”