Processor keep at maximun capacity

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
starman101010

Processor keep at maximun capacity

Post by starman101010 »

Hello!.

I'm having some trouble with Linux Mint Cinnamon.

The problem is that when the OS start all the cores of the processor start working at 100% of the capacity, this causes that PC head a lot and the battery run out very quickly.
At first i tough that Conky was causing that, then i make sure that Conky wasn't the problem.
Sometimes when i restart the PC the problem disappear.
Also i make sure that the problem is with Linux Mint because i have Windows 10 too and with Windows the that doesn't happen.
What could be causing this?
Have you had the same problem?
screen shot: https://s5.postimg.cc/nzd66zsnb/Captura ... -01-13.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Processor keep at maximun capacity

Post by rene »

You appear to have an extremely custom theme installed and I have indeed seen reports here on the forum of some themes causing this. I doubt you'll get much useful help until switching back to something a bit more standard...
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, starman101010.

Please, post an inxi -Fxz report.
Please, use gnome-system-monitor in order to identify the processes with the highest CPU load. Please, let us know which processes they are.
Could it be that Cinnamon is running in software-rendering mode? Without 3D hardware acceleration, the CPUs will have to do all the graphical work. This causes high CPU load and slows down the whole system dramatically.

Best regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
starman101010

Post by starman101010 »

Thanks for answering.
It turns out that the problem haven't happened since I posted the issue here.
When the problem reappear I'll share the details with you.

Return to “Cinnamon”