F-Spot not displaying full image

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

F-Spot not displaying full image

Post by pdc_2 »

Just started using Linux Mint; I have some familiarity with linux; last week, F-Spot was displaying "full image" when selected;

now I get a black background, with a small stylised white centre piece, like a page turning ........... is this some sort of side-effect of compiz please? How can I disable this to use F-Spot?

I wonder if it was some update that I permitted to happen?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: F-Spot not displaying full image

Post by Husse »

Unfortunately Compiz has some strange side effects so turning it off may help you
Appearance > Visual Effects > None
When you are done select what you had before and you get compiz back
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

thanks very much for this Husse: perplexed: when I follow your advice, I still get the same very stylised and structured screen: black background; stylised white centre-piece, like a book that is being opened; I tried twice to select Visual Effects > None and no change; (I confess to seeing compiz-switch mentioned when I did a google search last night, and confess to downloading and installing it; selecting that had no effect either; I have submitted a bug report to the Gnome team; after further suggestions welcome; for the first time, I have installed Picasa; and that is quite happy to give a full screen for photos; so F-Spot will have to be dormant for just a little longer till we get it sussed; best wishes
Husse

Post by Husse »

So it was just Fspot and with Picas it works?
If so I consider it solved
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

So it was just Fspot and with Picas it works?
If so I consider it solved
!!!!!!!!!

OK !
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

installed DigiKam

Post by pdc_2 »

after F-Spot not displaying full screen images, I have installed digikam and it shows the images fine; (as did Picasa); so we will leave F-Spot on the backburner, and import into digikam; (not as pretty a programme, but it works)

Return to “Software & Applications”