Why

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Why

Post by catweazel »

MrEen wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:21 pm
catweazel wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:19 pm
MrEen wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:16 pm
Ask either, "If I ask him (point to the other) if his button will blow me up, what would he answer?" If he answers, "No" then he's next to the good button.
The way I answer it is to ask either one, "if you were the other person, which button would you choose?", then take the opposite one.
Ahh crap. Now my head is really spinning!
If the person you ask is the liar then he'll show you the explosion button. If the person you ask tells the truth then he'll also show you the explosion button.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
ud6

Post by ud6 »

BG405 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:18 am That's news to me, but not surprising. Do they also have a button for switching between them?
Oops, that's a complete lie. I meant to say TVs. Been so long since I've bought a monitor.. I use laptop at work and at home I used to have two TVs, one of which had chomecast, other had three HDMIs which were chromecast, xbox, computer... I never watch live TV cos you just pay money to watch adverts. But I guess many monitors do have more than one hdmi now too? Switching between HDMIs was through remote or menu system on the tv.
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BG405 »

ud6 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:13 am I meant to say TVs.
:mrgreen:
No worries. Mind you, my head is still reeling from the last few resposes in this thread .. :roll: :lol: what a start to the day, a brain challenge .. :idea:
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
snowflake

Post by snowflake »

I guess there is nothing to see here, moving along
aw btw, Windows is better than linux, & y'all are mad
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

snowflake wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:25 am Windows is better than linux
Why?
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

windows is better IF...you enjoy 2 to 3 hour updates/installs with multiple reboots, you enjoy twice a year "upgrades" that also take hours only to see a screen at the end of those hours telling you it failed and will now take about an hour to revert it back to where you began, you enjoy cumulative updates that make sure you didnt miss anything and bloats your system, if you enjoy being told that "you already have the best browser installed" (edge) when trying to install firefox or chromium or chrome, if you like not having your privacy and like having M$ play hoover vacuum cleaner on all the info they can suck up, and the side "benefit" is your CPU and hardrive are working in overdrive, heating up the system ensuring a lesser lifespan for these critical components, if you enjoy the fact that you no longer own your system, THEY do, if you like hunting for additional settings to customise things in 3 or 4 different places scattered all over the system, if you like all of the above mentioned to be able to bork your system and turn your computer into a brick doorstop and if you like being told that M$ advertising on your computer is a "feature" that will enhance your user experience...if thats the case, then of course windows is better...bwahahahahah...DAMIEN
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BG405 »

snowflake wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:25 am aw btw, Windows is better than linux, & y'all are mad
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

So, Can we assume that Snowflake has the button that blows us all up?
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BG405 »

Judging by the avatar alone, I'd err on the side of caution! :wink:

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”