[SOLVED] OpenTTD downloaded files location?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GNULinuxUser

[SOLVED] OpenTTD downloaded files location?

Post by GNULinuxUser »

Does anyone know where (the directory path) OpenTTD downloads the base graphics, music and sounds. Because downloading them requires a direct connection to the internet, however, I only have regular internet access on a network that requires proxy authentication.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: OpenTTD downloaded files location?

Post by phd21 »

Hi GNULinuxUser

It would help to know more about your system setup. If you run "inxi -Fxzd" and "lsusb" from the console terminal prompt, highlight the results, copy and paste them back here, that should provide enough information.

This should be in the "Synaptic Package Manager (SPM)". Obviously, their website also has various versions.

OpenTTD
https://www.openttd.org/en/download-stable

Installing the latest OpenTTD on Ubuntu fails for some reason - Transport Tycoon Forums
https://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=76826

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Open Synaptic Package Manager, use the quick-search to find TTD, and right-click on it. Then choose Properties from the pop-up, and go to the Installed Files tab, you will see where everything is located.
GNULinuxUser

Post by GNULinuxUser »

Thank-you, phd21 and richyrich for solving this post! :)

The OpenTTD downloaded content is stored in the directory:

/home/user/.local/share/openttd/content_download

Edit, to be honest those posts were a bit short of amazing I just messed around in nemo to find the above location.

Return to “Software & Applications”