Installing fonts _SOLVED

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Palladini
Level 4
Level 4

Installing fonts _SOLVED

Post by Palladini »

How I install font on Linux Mint 19 Tara Cinnamon. I windows fonts installed already, but there are thousands of fonts I can download and install in the windows world, can that be done in the Linux Mint world?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
[b]I love Linux Mint 21.1 Vanessa Cinnamon[/b]
Using Linux Mint since 2007, not programming smart, last program language I learned was called Basic on a Commodore 64
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Installing fonts

Post by xenopeek »

Download a font file, extract it if it was in a zip file or something, and then just double-click it to open it in the font viewer. Here you have a button to install it. It adds it to the hidden fonts directory in your home directory so if needed you can easily remove it again and it doesn't affect other user accounts on the same system.
Palladini
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Palladini »

I am the only user on the computer. so I download the font and open it and move it to the font folder? But I did get Fonts Downloaded and just extracted the contents and clicked on font ext file and it said in top right corner Install, so I clicked on it and it did so. Thank You
Last edited by Palladini on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]I love Linux Mint 21.1 Vanessa Cinnamon[/b]
Using Linux Mint since 2007, not programming smart, last program language I learned was called Basic on a Commodore 64
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

You can do that. Or as I wrote, just double-click the font file and click on the "Install" button in the font viewer. For me that installs fonts in ~/.local/share/fonts directory.
bassplayer

Post by bassplayer »

Good article if you're comfortable on the command line:

https://medium.com/source-words/how-to- ... d09a3853b0
Snaffle

Post by Snaffle »

You can also just use Software Manager. There is a button/category for fonts, search for what you are looking from there. :)

Return to “Software & Applications”