Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
I_like_d0nuts

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Post by I_like_d0nuts »

Hello all, I could not see a post about this new game so thought to bring people's attention to it with this post.

The game was released a couple of weeks ago, and of course, is available for Linux.

I purchased a copy and have played approximately 10-15 hours of the game (until my desktop disappeared, but that's a topic for another forum...). I am impressed and can recommend it to anyone who enjoys fantasy role-playing games and/or is familiar with Dungeons & Dragons and/or Pathfinder. It does have quite a steep learning curve, for those who are not familiar with Pathfinder or Dungeons & Dragons it can difficult to understand. Anyway, here a couple of links for you to check the game out for yourselves:

https://owlcatgames.com/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/6408 ... Kingmaker/
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
I_like_d0nuts

Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Post by I_like_d0nuts »

I agree Maurizio, there is some work to be done before it is a polished game. For one thing, there is a need for more character portraits, there simply are not enough right now. Character creation for me is fine. I would like to see Paladins from all alignments added to the game, perhaps as a DLC at some point. It is naive to think that Lawful Good gods are the only ones that have holy warriors serving them. Having said that, it is early days, the game was released only two to three weeks ago and the devs are releasing hot patches to address issues that are being found. I think it is a good game now and will only get better.

Return to “Gaming”