Uninstalling Exaile?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sMash!

Uninstalling Exaile?

Post by sMash! »

I'm having a hard time uninstalling Exaile 0.2.99-devel and re-installing the old Exaile 0.2.14. I've tried using synaptic and ticking "Mark for Complete Removal", unticking the ppa in repositories, and then trying to reinstall from the Mint repositories (0.2.13) and also reinstalling from the Exaile ppa again (0.2.14). And I've tried

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get autoremove exaile
from the terminal too. But everytime I run it after reinstallion, I'm back to the unstable devel, 0.2.99.....help? Really want the old version back, as some of it's features are not present in the development version. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Uninstalling Exaile?

Post by exploder »

Use the "Force Version" feature in Synaptic, from the drop down list, then you can choose the version you want. Synaptic should be able to take care of this.
twodogs
Level 4
Level 4

Post by twodogs »

open home folder and control-h
find hidden file .exaile and delete ;)

then reinstall exaile from synaptic
sMash!

Post by sMash! »

twodogs wrote:open home folder and control-h
find hidden file .exaile and delete ;)

then reinstall exaile from synaptic
thought of that, but was too tired to keep bothering with it last night :lol:
thanks.

EDIT**** there were no hidden exaile files, only the exaile folder in /usr/share......hmmm. couldn't find anything else relating to exaile anywhere else either. and sure enough, apt-get autoremove exaile-devel removes that folder. yet i still end up with the same results after a reinstall.
now, since a *new* alpha came out today, for grins i tried installing the devel again, using their preferred method via terminal....i end up with the same version as before, not the new devel (can tell by looking at the plugins and etc that come with). sadness and frustrations!!!

re-EDIT(?)**** nvm on that one, seems they may have...oops...forgotten to actually LOAD the new devel after announcing it. anyone clicking on the 0.3.0a2 package on the home page gets greeted with a wonderful "..there is no page on launchpad for.." notification. lovely! :lol:

Return to “Beginner Questions”