2 or 3 things I'd like to have on LMDE3

Questions about other topics and general discussion about LMDE
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tlcmd

2 or 3 things I'd like to have on LMDE3

Post by tlcmd »

Howdy,
I know there is not a "Mate" edition of LMDE 3, but can I get a "Mate" format for the program?
2) I'd like a screensaver program which uses my "pictures" file, one available in the repository?
3) I'd like to be able to put Movieorganizer 2.8.6 or 2.7.7 and believe I can do this with Crossover. I cannot get WINE to do it.

Any help with getting a free program beyond WINE which might install Movieorganizer of th free Gphoto screensaver?

Thanks,
tlcmd
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: 2 or 3 things I'd like to have on LMDE3

Post by smurphos »

tlcmd wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:39 pm I know there is not a "Mate" edition of LMDE 3, but can I get a "Mate" format for the program?
2) I'd like a screensaver program which uses my "pictures" file, one available in the repository?
For installing Mate as alternative desktop session - viewtopic.php?f=247&t=274832

For screensaver solutions for Cinnamon Screensaver - viewtopic.php?p=1541574

If you do go to Mate - mate-screensaver has a number of photo screensaver options. But you need to define a source for them

Create a file in your home ~/.xscreensaver with the content below replacing <user> with your actual user name e.g. /home/steve/Pictures/

Code: Select all

grabDesktopImages: False
grabVideoFrames: False
chooseRandomImages: True
imageDirectory: /home/<user>/Pictures/
mode: random
selected: -1
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed the first link to 274832 from 27483 as requested
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “Other Topics & Open Discussion”