Black screen on boot.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Benhermies

Black screen on boot.

Post by Benhermies »

I just installed Linux Mint 7 Gloria on my main desktop. I chose to dual-boot between my Windows XP installation. The Live CD ran perfectly, the install seemed to go smoothly and I rebooted. After choosing "Linux Mint 7 Gloria, Kernel 2.6.28-11-generic" from the grub menu it says it's starting up and the loading screen does its thing. But then I just get a black screen with the cursor. I can move the cursor around but that's it. Nothing else. If I I press the power button it shuts down normally. I had no problems installing/running it on my Acer Laptop (which is what I'm typing this message on now) it's been running great for the past week. Any ideas what's wrong? Here's my system specs:

Acer Aspire M5630
Q6600
2GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2400
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Black screen on boot.

Post by exploder »

There might be something here that will help.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... a&start=15

The post is for an NVidea issue but might benefit you as well.

Return to “Beginner Questions”