Intsall 18.3 KDE on ideapad problems

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
roma1282

Intsall 18.3 KDE on ideapad problems

Post by roma1282 »

hello and thank you for the help, new here.

I have 18.3 KDE on ssd external drive with linux pen drive ... till here no problem.
I try to install it on the HDD of my new computer ( LENOVO Ideapad 320-15IKB 80XL) with an HDD 1T and an SSD 218GB, 12GB RAM, Intel core i5 (7th gen), NVDIA geforce.

Basically what I want to do is to install 18.3 KDE on the HDD, and to encrypt it. At the beginning I was having issue with error that I could solve by changing ACH I to RAID to allow the HDD visibility in the disk setup installer when starting the installation on the harddrive from the boot. But Now the new problem is, even If I select the HDD that I partitioned with Gparted and install on it, when I click restart now after the completed installation, I end up on the live mint version. So in other words, right at the begginning.
I've been digging issues for the past 12 hours but now I have to look for help to make it happen :).

Thank you.
If you need any details to be able to help me, let me know.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Intsall 18.3 KDE on ideapad problems

Post by sleeper12 »

Are you rebooting the pen drive :?: If so, remove it.

Return to “Installation & Boot”