Bianca KDE (and miniKDE) Edition is out!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.Please do not add support questions to threads here,use the appropriate support forum instead
bernado
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bernado »

Hy mfab,

KDM log in is still in english so username can't be üäö (german umlaute) and of course y and z are vice versa. I tried sudo kcontrol and changed language and keyboard settings - but in vain . Well, its KDE and it has been always more buggy than in Ubuntu/Bianca. Maybe the next KDE Version will be perfect
javascript:emoticon('8)')

bernado
ido
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ido »

Hi Bernardo,

Maybe this info may be of help or give you some ideas to solve your problem. I have a us keyboard generic pc104 layout with the primary variant "alt int' that replaces 104 with dead/keys. When I need to use accents in Spanish I press first the right single tilde an then the vowel to get for example "ó", I have check this for your case and if I press first the "double quote" and then a vowel I can get i.e.: ö, ü, etc. With this layout when I want to use just the double quote then I press the double quote and then the space key. Once your do it a few times it becomes almost automatic. I also use the Compose key to get some special symbols such as ¿ or ¡.

I hope it may help you.
OU812
Level 3
Level 3

Post by OU812 »

've installed linux mint kde and k3b won't copy cds. Neither clone copy or normal copy work right. Clone copy won't start up at all and normail copy can't eject the disk
Did you configure k3b properly? Configure>Settings. This should have been done for you, though.
And what's the deal with putting KOFFICE instead of open office in the distro?
Matter of choice, I guess. It is a kde system, so why not try and include as many kde-specific apps as possible as long as they are top-notch. This way you have a more unified look/feel to the entire system.

I installed mini-kde on my 6 year old laptop. It was a little slow. So I installed it on my desktop instead, and when the xfce desktop was released, I installed it on my laptop. Everything runs great. Thank you very much. Both are very pretty distros and highly usable. I am at the point, however, where I would like to install software. After reading the wiki on upgrading (kde from bianca to cassandra), I am left wondering: Since I have not installed any software yet, would it be better to upgrade to cassandra now or wait until the next kde release? Unfortunately, I can't find any info on the next release date. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanis.

john
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

The KDE Edition is in development at the moment. The base is stable but there are a few mint tools which need to be ported to KDE. It might become a Community Edition... Boo might maintain it.

Clem
OU812
Level 3
Level 3

Post by OU812 »

With that in mind, I think I will keep kde bianca mini as is and install my desired apps. If a new edition comes out, community or otherwise, I will download and install the dvd version instead of the mini. Or I will consider gnome. I like gnome, kde, and xfce so I really don't have any severe loyalty to one. Thanks.

john

Return to “Releases & Announcements”