DraftSight cad program

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
otibag
Level 1
Level 1

DraftSight cad program

Post by otibag »

Hi, I’m a DraftSight almost new user. I began with DS 2018 SP2 and (unfortunately) upgrade to SP3. My problem is that now I cannot print. Preview is empty and also I cannot print to a pdf or jpg file and the like. I think that I have the problem after installing SP3.
I’m sad about this, because the program is very useful and nice to use.
Can anybody give some advice?
Thanks.
Gabriel, Argentina
My SO is Mint 18.3 Cinamon 64 bit, Graphic Card built-in Intel Device 5912
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bjmh46
Level 4
Level 4

Re: DraftSight cad program

Post by bjmh46 »

I've been using Draftsight since the first linux version came out. Printing has always been iffy, and alternately breaks and then works with version releases. Problem is, you have no choice but to upgrade versions because eventually, older versions won't run any longer. My solution (and a poor one at best) is to save as a pdf (to scale desired), and print from evince or the pdf reader of your choice--this has always worked for me. I'm using xreader in mint 18.3 xfce.

Regards
Bob
otibag
Level 1
Level 1

Post by otibag »

Hi Bob: I'll try you suggestion. Thanks for answering.
Regards.
Gabriel / Buenos Aires / Argentina
otibag
Level 1
Level 1

Post by otibag »

Hi Bob, again me. I was able to export as bmp, but it did not work as a pdf since the sheet went blank.
Despite the failure, printing to bmp is a solution, for the while.
I was able to export as bmp, but it did not work as a pdf since the sheet went blank.
According to your knowledge and generally speaking, Dassault people give attention to cases like this? I'am using free DS...
Regards.
Gabriel

Return to “Software & Applications”