Mint Update Icons

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
leandroribeiro

Mint Update Icons

Post by leandroribeiro »

Hi there!

I've realized that I don't like the "locker" look and feel of the MintUpdate Icons, so i've decided to make my own. I've also decided to share them with whoever likes it. Here it is: use it as you wish.

Checking for updates:
Updated:
Updates Available:
Error:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Mint Update Icons

Post by altair4 »

I usually don't comment on artwork because each person has their own sense of style but I like it.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

I like them too, but they're not all that consistant... :oops:
Maybe if you add recycling symbol to the "searching" icon and a "thumbs up" or something to the "updated" one.
I do like the idea of the "mintShield" look though! :D
Keep up this excellent idea!
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
leandroribeiro

Post by leandroribeiro »

After using them for a whole afternoon, I've decided to change some details:

Image Image Image Image

I've changed the font and position of the "tags" - let's call it that way :) - and added a tag to the Updated Icon - It needed one, I agree.

I've kept the CheckingForUpdates icon tagless. I think it works ok that way for two reasons: 1) it blinks, so it already as an extra "sign" that works ok; 2) Unlike the other three, it's a sign without information - it only tells you to wait while it checks for updates - so it doesn't need a tag.

Whell, If I change anything else, I'll keep them here :)

PS.: another possible solution is to remove all the tags an just keep the color code. What do you think?
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

leandroribeiro wrote:After using them for a whole afternoon, I've decided to change some details:

Image Image Image Image

I've changed the font and position of the "tags" - let's call it that way :) - and added a tag to the Updated Icon - It needed one, I agree.

I've kept the CheckingForUpdates icon tagless. I think it works ok that way for two reasons: 1) it blinks, so it already as an extra "sign" that works ok; 2) Unlike the other three, it's a sign without information - it only tells you to wait while it checks for updates - so it doesn't need a tag.

Whell, If I change anything else, I'll keep them here :)

PS.: another possible solution is to remove all the tags an just keep the color code. What do you think?
Well the new mintUpdate icons doesn't blink, so... ;)
I still think it needs something...
Something like this, this, or this maybe?!
And why not keep the "emblems" centered?
CREA DIEM!

kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

Benni Jay wrote:I never liked the lock and think these are great
Me too! I prefer the second version though. However, some of Zwopper's suggestions are on spot. There's some... "personality" missing :roll:
leandroribeiro

Post by leandroribeiro »

Well, I don't like it centered, since the logo itself it's not symmetric. Out of center seems to balance everything better.

But I also don't like the solutions I gave. The font's don't work with the Mint form.

The new icons don't blink? I didn't knew that :D That beeing the case, the "updating" icon needs something, of course. I liked the first solution you suggested. I'll try something more when I have more time.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

leandroribeiro wrote:Well, I don't like it centered, since the logo itself it's not symmetric. Out of center seems to balance everything better.

But I also don't like the solutions I gave. The font's don't work with the Mint form.

The new icons don't blink? I didn't knew that :D That beeing the case, the "updating" icon needs something, of course. I liked the first solution you suggested. I'll try something more when I have more time.
Glad to hear that!
CREA DIEM!

Stel
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Stel »

I modified those icons a bit, so that they can be used with dark themes and added two more, if anyone is interested. I left just the white wireframe, the rest is transparent.

Return to “Your Artwork”