failed to update repositories

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Post Reply
APNpanditt
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:58 am

failed to update repositories

Post by APNpanditt » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:21 am

i am getting this error on the bottom right corner saying "your APT cache is corrupted." and whenever i try to open software source and try to update, it says " failed to update repositories". any solution for this?
also says ::::

Code: Select all

E:Failed to fetch http://packages.linuxmint.com/dists/tara/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz  File has unexpected size (12866 != 12861). Mirror sync in progress? [IP: 68.235.39.11 80]
Hashes of expected file:
 - Filesize:12861 [weak]
 - SHA256:fdc1369c6747bce0d61d2c4e39a3d657ce844e459736783615000c16b4d7811c
 - SHA1:0271f67b2f3152a1e36ac834044ee6204eea46f1 [weak]
 - MD5Sum:3587815a0928ca4b5b2866e46293170e [weak]
Release file created at: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 11:06:33 +0000
, E:Failed to fetch http://packages.linuxmint.com/dists/tara/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  , E:Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
Attachments
error.png

User avatar
killer de bug
Level 14
Level 14
Posts: 5415
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:49 pm
Location: Leuven, Belgium

Re: failed to update repositories

Post by killer de bug » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:34 am

It may be that the package list is being sync on the server. You should wait a few hours and the error will resolve by itself normally.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

Sathairn
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: failed to update repositories

Post by Sathairn » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:12 pm

I also received this error around 21:00 EST. I'm going to give it a few more hours before updating to see if it resolves.

RSM12
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:14 am

Re: failed to update repositories

Post by RSM12 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:24 am

hi
even i am getting this error while updating the software, attached image of same.
kindly help
cheers
Attachments
mint error.jpg
error while updating the software

User avatar
philotux
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:14 am
Location: Utopia

Re: failed to update repositories

Post by philotux » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:42 am

RSM12 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:24 am
hi
even i am getting this error while updating the software, attached image of same.
kindly help
cheers
Having a look at your screenshot, the issue you're experiencing seems to be of a different nature than OP's, please open a new thread to get adequate and relevant assistance to resolve it.
cheers

APNpanditt
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:58 am

Re: failed to update repositories

Post by APNpanditt » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:24 am

killer de bug wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:34 am
It may be that the package list is being sync on the server. You should wait a few hours and the error will resolve by itself normally.
hi there,
its been almost 2 days having same problem. nothing is happening!

gm10
Level 18
Level 18
Posts: 8203
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: failed to update repositories

Post by gm10 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:08 am

APNpanditt wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:24 am
killer de bug wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:34 am
It may be that the package list is being sync on the server. You should wait a few hours and the error will resolve by itself normally.
hi there,
its been almost 2 days having same problem. nothing is happening!
Click on Software Sources > Maintenance > Fix MergeList problems

User avatar
KoHoSo
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:38 pm
Location: Crestline, California USA
Contact:

Re: failed to update repositories

Post by KoHoSo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:14 pm

gm10 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:08 am
Click on Software Sources > Maintenance > Fix MergeList problems
That fixed it for me! Thanks!
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)

APNpanditt
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:58 am

Re: failed to update repositories

Post by APNpanditt » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:48 am

KoHoSo wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:14 pm
gm10 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:08 am
Click on Software Sources > Maintenance > Fix MergeList problems
That fixed it for me! Thanks!
didn't work for me!! it says the same!
Attachments
Screenshot from 2018-12-09 18-32-32.png

gm10
Level 18
Level 18
Posts: 8203
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: failed to update repositories

Post by gm10 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:52 am

How is that the same? You showed a completely different error in the OP.

You can try switching to a mirror.

Otherwise post an

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz

APNpanditt
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:58 am

Re: failed to update repositories

Post by APNpanditt » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:09 am

gm10 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:52 am
How is that the same? You showed a completely different error in the OP.

You can try switching to a mirror.

Otherwise post an

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
Yeah it is fixed now.
1. I just restored the default setting in the software sources
2. unchecked every PPA's listed there.
3. and also in Additional repositories section, i did the same, unchecked all repositories sources and then updated my APT cache.
and then it's fixed.
Thank you so much for your follow ups!
greetings!

Post Reply

Return to “Software & Applications”