Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.Please do not add support questions to threads here,use the appropriate support forum instead
Dragoon1
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:51 pm

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Post by Dragoon1 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:47 am

So the blog says Linux Mint's code base won't get updated until 2020. Does this mean Linux Mint will be stuck on Ubuntu's 18.04 base until 2020?

gm10
Level 20
Level 20
Posts: 10207
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Post by gm10 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:02 am

Dragoon1 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:47 am
So the blog says Linux Mint's code base won't get updated until 2020. Does this mean Linux Mint will be stuck on Ubuntu's 18.04 base until 2020?
Linux Mint is always based on Ubuntu's LTS releases, Linux Mint 19 will use the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS base for its entire support duration until 2023, i.e. you won't have to reinstall for 5 years.

Linux Mint 20 will be based on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

If you want a distro with a faster release cycle then Mint is the wrong one for you.

Dorian_B
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:29 am

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Post by Dorian_B » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:00 pm

Hello Clem!
In my "Update Manager", with all updates up to date, "Upgrade to Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa" does not appear (to Edit), using the mirrors.serverhost.ro/mint/packages (or mint.mirrors.telekom.ro/repos) servers for Main and ubuntu.mirrors.linux.ro/archive, secondary (bionic).
Please see what happens to alternative servers not having received all the updates (the correct version for mintupdate - v. 5.4.7) that to can switch to Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon.
Mintupdate v. 5.4.7 appears only on the packages.linuxmint.com server.

gm10
Level 20
Level 20
Posts: 10207
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Post by gm10 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:01 pm

Dorian_B wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:00 pm
Hello Clem!
In my "Update Manager", with all updates up to date, "Upgrade to Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa" does not appear (to Edit), using the mirrors.serverhost.ro/mint/packages (or mint.mirrors.telekom.ro/repos) servers for Main and ubuntu.mirrors.linux.ro/archive, secondary (bionic).
Please see what happens to alternative servers not having received all the updates (the correct version for mintupdate - v. 5.4.7) that to can switch to Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon.
Mintupdate v. 5.4.7 appears only on the packages.linuxmint.com server.
Wait for your mirror to update (usually won't take long) or reset Software Sources to default settings if you just cannot wait. ;)

User avatar
Portreve
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2201
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:03 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Post by Portreve » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:23 pm

I just installed LM 19.1 Cinnamon last night on my 2011 MacBook Pro 13", and thus far it seems very pleasantly snappy and stable.

Thanks, Clem and Co.!
Please be polite and remember to mark your fixed problem [SOLVED].

Presently running Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.3 beta.

Also looking for a new job.

User avatar
xfrank
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 609
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm
Location: Mexico City
Contact:

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Post by xfrank » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:34 pm

Just upgraded to Tessa, all went fine. Faster and nicer than ever. Nice improvement! Thanks to Clem and the developer team! :)
Linux everywhere. Active Distros in my many computers: LM17.3 (Cinnamon, Xfce); LM18.1 (Cinnamon,Xfce); LMDE 2 (Mate), MXLinux (Xfce), Debian 9 (Xfce).

JimTDI
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:49 pm

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Post by JimTDI » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:32 am

Updated last night on my Mintbox Mini 2 Pro - played with it this morning for a few hours, very nice release! Excellent job Clem & Team and Happy Holidays to you all!

IDG
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Post by IDG » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:33 pm

Do I really need to upgrade? Idon't have any issues with Cinnamon 19 except bad scaling with a few apps in 4K.

User avatar
Pjotr
Level 21
Level 21
Posts: 13867
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:18 am
Location: The Netherlands (Holland)
Contact:

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Post by Pjotr » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:11 pm

IDG wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:33 pm
Do I really need to upgrade? Idon't have any issues with Cinnamon 19 except bad scaling with a few apps in 4K.
No, you don't. But why not make a snapshot with Timeshift first, and then take the plunge? There's some fine new stuff in 19.1. The snapshot should make it easy for you to roll back if you should ever want to....
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 19.2 Tina
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.

SantaFe
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Post by SantaFe » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:04 pm

Did the upgrade to Linux Mint 19.1. Works fine, but..... If you use the "Modern" layout, then you can configure the mint menu, and other mint panel applets. If you choose the Traditional layout, it works, but several Mint Cinnamon Applets you can't configure, like the Menu, or Places. Weird. :o

User avatar
smurphos
Level 13
Level 13
Posts: 4807
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:18 am
Location: Britisher
Contact:

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Post by smurphos » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:37 am

SantaFe wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:04 pm
Did the upgrade to Linux Mint 19.1. Works fine, but..... If you use the "Modern" layout, then you can configure the mint menu, and other mint panel applets. If you choose the Traditional layout, it works, but several Mint Cinnamon Applets you can't configure, like the Menu, or Places. Weird. :o
I'm sure that will fix itself if you log out and back in or do a Cinnamon restart (Ctrl-Alt-Esc).
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

timbol
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Post by timbol » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:31 am

Clean install of 19.1; icons and the "look" is so much clearer. Seems to tick along more quickly on my old laptop compared to previous versions
Thanks

User avatar
freekvb
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:47 pm

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Post by freekvb » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:46 am

Just upgraded 19.0 to 19.1, took me 30 min. of my time, no problems what so ever. Restarting in my Cinnamon setup, looks as I configured, restarting in my BSPWM setup (favorite and daily use) and .. works like a charm .. and I'm happy (again) .. :D
there's no business like .. your own business ..

Post Reply

Return to “Releases & Announcements”