Chromium web browser (LM19Xfce) keeps opening in the workspace _where it was last closed_

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FoxiMaxi

Chromium web browser (LM19Xfce) keeps opening in the workspace _where it was last closed_

Post by FoxiMaxi »

But if I start any application in the same workspace where Chromium is still open
and then close Chromium,
next time Chromium starts correctly _in the currently active_ workspace... (independent of where I previously opened the other app or Chromium itself)
Is that an erroneous behavior?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jglen490

Re: Chromium web browser keeps opening in the workspace _where it was last closed_

Post by jglen490 »

I believe that's a setting in the browser.
FoxiMaxi

Re: Chromium web browser keeps opening in the workspace _where it was last closed_

Post by FoxiMaxi »

I seem unable to find the setting. Where is it?
wilbobob
Level 3
Level 3

Post by wilbobob »

Either click on the hamburger icon, top right of the screen to open the menu, click on settings, scroll to the bottom of the page and reset your preferences.
Or type chrome://settings in the address bar to open settings directly
Go Steady, but keep going
FoxiMaxi

Post by FoxiMaxi »

I am not sure you understand the issue in the opening post.
(I use multiple workspaces in XFCE. Why does a program--Chromium in this case--not open in the active workspace? Why does it open where it was closed?)

Return to “Beginner Questions”