[Solved] Waterfox

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sydney

[Solved] Waterfox

Post by Sydney »

In LMDE2 I used these instructions:
https://bintray.com/package/readme/hawk ... b/waterfox
The installation worked o.k. but not the updates, which is also the question I have:
I never received any update notifications through the update manager - which I thought was supposed to be accomplished by adding the repository ?
Is there anything wrong with the instructions or does adding the repo not result in waterfox updates being displayed in the update manager ?
Is there anything I can do to make this work in LMDE 3 ?

(I am asking this here as this is more an OS/repo- rather than a waterfox-problem).

Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Waterfox

Post by Pierre »

those notes, on how to add in the New Repository are fine.

don't forget that sudo apt-get update at the end - for it to work, correctly.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Sydney

Post by Sydney »

Thank you. I'll give it a shot in LMDE3.
Nuts2u
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Nuts2u »

Use the following instructions for adding the latest Waterfox repository. The bintray repository no longer works. The following works as I have it on my system running LMDE 3 Cindy

https://software.opensuse.org//download ... e=waterfox

Select Debian

click on Add repository and install manually

follow the instructions
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver. Welcome to Hell. Here's your copy of Windows.
Sydney

Post by Sydney »

Thank you. I came back to post the same. I wish I had found your message earlier. It would have saved me quite a bit of time.

Installation was no problem. Did you manage to add the key though ?

When I run

wget -nv https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:hawkeye116477:waterfox/Debian_9.0/Release.key | sudo apt-key add -

I get

no valid OpenPGP data found

And since you are already running it on LMDE3: do you get updates via the update manager ?

Thank you.
Nuts2u
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Nuts2u »

Glad it worked for you....I had some kind of error message also when I did the apt key add....but I was able to run ap update and the repository updated correctly. Yes you will get the latest Waterfox update the the update manager.
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver. Welcome to Hell. Here's your copy of Windows.

Return to “Software & Applications”