[Solved] Smaller fonts after 09/01/2019 Cinnamon upgrade

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pio2001
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved] Smaller fonts after 09/01/2019 Cinnamon upgrade

Post by Pio2001 »

Hi,
Today, the 9th of january 2019, a new version of Cinnamon was published, and the update manager upgraded a lot of packages.

After a reboot, the font size of the task bar became much smaller than before, and I can't find how to make it larger without increasing the font size of the icons at the same time.

Attached are screen captures "before" and "after". A desktop icon is included, the font size of the icon didn't change. Only the size of the apps title in the bar, and the size of the system date were reduced.
I increased the size of the bar after the upgrade, that's why the buttons are larger after than before, but it has no effect on the font size.

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Smaller fonts after 09/01/2019 Cinnamon upgrade

Post by trytip »

switch to a mint-Y desktop theme to test it. after the upgrade of cinnamon the old themes don't work the same. beware that at one point you will have to reassemble your panel because the new cinnamon conflicts with the older themes that have not been updated
Pio2001
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Smaller fonts after 09/01/2019 Cinnamon upgrade

Post by Pio2001 »

Thank you. That indeed changes the font in the bottom bar for a bolder one.
albaberto

Re: [Solved] Smaller fonts after 09/01/2019 Cinnamon upgrade

Post by albaberto »

In my case I have a mix of smaller and bigger icons... as higlighted in the attached screenshot
(I have only mint-y themes)

Return to “Beginner Questions”