Touch Screen support on FIC's CE-260 UMPC

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Nathan_S

Touch Screen support on FIC's CE-260 UMPC

Post by Nathan_S »

I consider pourchesing a CE-260 UMPC, it is sold in Israel without an OS because of conservative Israeli costumers which are not very familiar with LINUX's and MINT's high usability.
Because MINT is my main OS I would like to install it on this UMPC.
1) Does our distro support the touch screen on this system ?
2) Will there be a future distro costumized to Netbooks similar to Ubuntu Netbook Remix?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Touch Screen support on FIC's CE-260 UMPC

Post by Husse »

The support for touch screens is the same as in Ubuntu Jaunty and to be honest I can't really get a grip of the situation
It seems like a touch screen is treated similar to a wacom tablet - but perhaps only on the special notebook remix
There will be no netbook remix for Mint in the foreseeable future - mind you we are a small team
Nathan_S

Post by Nathan_S »

Thank you for the info. After reading more, according to your suggestion, I see that touch screens are still not calibrated well in Ubuntu Jaunty, As so I would like to know which net book, from your knowledge, is the most compatible with our distro to make a wiser purchase for Gloria Installation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Sorry I have absolutely no experience with netbooks - some with laptops, but netbooks - no....

Return to “Hardware Support”