~! Linux MINT !~ (suggestions 4 new futurez)

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MrGrimm

Re: ~! Linux MINT !~ (suggestions 4 new futurez)

Post by MrGrimm »

Pjotr wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:26 pm
CosmicPanda09 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:34 am Is there a proper RAM clearing application in the Software Manager that's available?
Is this kind of secondary application necessary for the current Linux Mint Kernel 19.1 Tessa?
If not so as is so there is unto, what are we to do?
If there is. what is the current application available?
And if there is one, will it please be made more readily available and user friendly?
And then again, with open source Ubuntu philosopy abounding, one can and may always create there on revision, addition, resolution, or novelty; see?
I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about, and I somehow have the impression that you don't, either. Take a Yoga class, do a hike in the woods, go jogging at the beach. Will do you a power of good. :wink:
personally think he just needs to lay off the coffee, that said he's basically asking for a program to free up memory. that said unlike windows i don't see the need for one in linux. i have 16 gigs of memory and needed it in wiundos, but in linux normal use is between 900megs to 2gigs user, under load i'm luck if i'm using 4gigs.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

i think he is asking for something windows users got used to over that last many years...its a software download add-on that clears up RAM that has not been released by whatever program he had been using and with windows systems, it just wont let go of the previously used ram...if i remember correctly, ubuntu based linux systems automatically restore ram every ten minutes automatically...DAMIEN
MrGrimm

Post by MrGrimm »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:42 pm i think he is asking for something windows users got used to over that last many years...its a software download add-on that clears up RAM that has not been released by whatever program he had been using and with windows systems, it just wont let go of the previously used ram...if i remember correctly, ubuntu based linux systems automatically restore ram every ten minutes automatically...DAMIEN
+1
CosmicPanda09

Re: ~! Linux MINT !~ {(suggestions 4 new features/futurez)}

Post by CosmicPanda09 »

What's up on a file transfer window pause button?..
+=+
CosmicPanda09

Post by CosmicPanda09 »

How about adding "Coast2Coast AM" to RadioTray by default?

How would one go about getting that standardized?
wait... answered one's own question. Thank you! lol

The about section:
http://radiotray.sourceforge.net/
carlosmribeiro1@gmail.com
CosmicPanda09

Re: ~! Linux MINT !~ {suggestions '4-for' new future featurez}

Post by CosmicPanda09 »

Also, this may be a little off topic...

Yet, is it possible... that New Linux Mint users, or essentially any new Linux user for that matter, could be provided, say a certain amount of free storage space on the open source web servers, as an incentive for people to try out the Linux Kernel/Operating Systems, and see how they feel about it?

Linux is so true to one's heart!~*~*~*~*... really feel whatever we can do to bring the world community closer and quicker to open source / ubuntu existential philosophy, the sooner we will know true freedom and liberated from the many sufferings that have ailed this planetary consciousness for so long.

In love light and truth,
~cosmicPanda~
CosmicPanda09

Post by CosmicPanda09 »

CosmicPanda09 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:11 pm
CosmicPanda09 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:14 pm WHY ARE THERE STILL TWO "AGENTS" IN THE LINUX MINT KERNEL?!?!?
Why is there an "ssh-agent" in the kernel of the Linux Mint OS as well as many other Linux Kernels?

Why are we not using "open-ssh-clients" as in the CENT OS kernel?

POINT IN CLARIFICATION!^!^!^!^

HOW WILL WE BE ABLE TO ESCAPE THE MATRIX, AS LONG AS THERE IS AN """"AGENT""""" IN THE KERNEL??

Has that occurred to you dude?[

Readdressing the issue?
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

नमस्ते. I don't understand.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
CosmicPanda09

Post by CosmicPanda09 »

CosmicPanda09 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:14 pm WHY ARE THERE STILL TWO "AGENTS" IN THE LINUX MINT KERNEL?!?!?

This seems to be an essential philosophikal issue that could be corrupting the kernel?
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Is it the word 'agent' that's bothering you? Maybe you should find out what these 'agents' are and what they do, instead of freaking out.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
CosmicPanda09

Post by CosmicPanda09 »

Looking to transmute the Cinnamon Graphical User Interface into a more solid and stable user interface...

Any suggestions as to using root command coding in recovery mode to implement this new interactive experience in resolution?

Thank you & Namaste*
Pjotr
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Pjotr »

CosmicPanda09 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:57 am Looking to transmute the Cinnamon Graphical User Interface into a more solid and stable user interface...

Any suggestions as to using root command coding in recovery mode to implement this new interactive experience in resolution?
I haven't the faintest idea what you mean. Please refrain from posting muddled nonsense like this.
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
CosmicPanda09

Post by CosmicPanda09 »

Moem wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:26 am Is it the word 'agent' that's bothering you? Maybe you should find out what these 'agents' are and what they do, instead of freaking out.

Hello, thank you for your response;

Watched The Matrix Reloaded Ꭽ Revolutions today {2003} and the word 'agent' in the polkit and ssh seem to be a fundamental issue in the source code of our experience on an existential level in regards to be liberated from the oppression of closed source coding philosophical implimentations about the globe which have potentially stiffle human creativity to an unknown degree....

In the essence of Linux and Open Source Coding philosophy from Galactic Center Event Horizon, one recommends that we transmute this terminology for these "Process Names" as noticed in the System Monitor?

Ubuntu +~+ south african terminoloy in expression of Human Freedom
Ubuntu Philosphia ~ Human Freedom

To be free from the "agents". Exactly.... who are they and what are they doing? Are the potentially a back door?

Possibly we could transmute the word to "ssh-open" {ssh~open} and "polkit-gnome-authentication-open-1" {polkit~gnome~authentication~open~1}?

Does the philosophical Trinity of the filmz speak for themselves in regards to this matter?

Best regards unto thee.... Peace, Love, Truth, Light, Bliss, & Dreams of Empathy unto you... all that you do... and all that you place you hands and mind 2~~~~

Namaste*
Attachments
Selection_004.jpg
Selection_004.jpg (4.6 KiB) Viewed 1843 times
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

An "agent" in this sense is simply a regular little program that arranges for and/or caches authentication details, i.e., a convenience-application to e.g. keep you from having to enter a passphrase to decrypt an SSH key more than once during a single session. There is nothing nefarious about it.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

That was a lot of words just to say 'yes'.
Agent is just a word... do travel agents bother you, too?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

CosmicPanda09 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:31 am
Moem wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:26 am Is it the word 'agent' that's bothering you? Maybe you should find out what these 'agents' are and what they do, instead of freaking out.

Hello, thank you for your response;

Watched The Matrix Reloaded Ꭽ Revolutions today {2003} and the word 'agent' in the polkit and ssh seem to be a fundamental issue in the source code of our experience on an existential level in regards to be liberated from the oppression of closed source coding philosophical implimentations about the globe which have potentially stiffle human creativity to an unknown degree....

In the essence of Linux and Open Source Coding philosophy from Galactic Center Event Horizon, one recommends that we transmute this terminology for these "Process Names" as noticed in the System Monitor?

Ubuntu +~+ south african terminoloy in expression of Human Freedom
Ubuntu Philosphia ~ Human Freedom

To be free from the "agents". Exactly.... who are they and what are they doing? Are the potentially a back door?

Possibly we could transmute the word to "ssh-open" {ssh~open} and "polkit-gnome-authentication-open-1" {polkit~gnome~authentication~open~1}?

Does the philosophical Trinity of the filmz speak for themselves in regards to this matter?

Best regards unto thee.... Peace, Love, Truth, Light, Bliss, & Dreams of Empathy unto you... all that you do... and all that you place you hands and mind 2~~~~

Namaste*
Whatever that stuff is that you are smoking, I'd suggest that you either pass it around or give it up. I understand the words but have no idea what it is you are trying to say. I figure that if I was as high as you when you posted this, I might have a chance!
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

Really people, can't you be more like me and just answer the question rather than question the poster?

(just kidding...)

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”