strange wlan issues on eeepc900/linux mint7 gloria

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
koss

Re: strange wlan issues on eeepc900/linux mint7 gloria

Post by koss »

Take a look at http://array.org/ubuntu/setup-jaunty.html

It is a custom kernal that supports all of our EEEpc's hardware. I've been using his custom kernal since linux mint 6.
Edit: Maybe even linux mint 5 now that i think of it.
Just open a terminal, plug your eeepc into a wired network and your good to go. Follow the instructions and your good.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

don't you just hate it when you don't have an internet connection, and you can't send email messages or post to forums? I really hate that
barrieluv
Level 2
Level 2

Post by barrieluv »

Moerehh wrote:hi there,

i just installed linux mint 7 on my eeepc900, but wlan is not working. this seems strange because it worked when i was running linux mint from the usb drive i created with unetbootin. i connected to my wlan network and listened to music for some mintues via firefox and a webradio-station. then i installed linux mint via the install-icon and it is not working anymore. even the wired connection does not work. i tried this to get the wired connection to work but it is not working
when i used ndiswrapper to install the windows atheros driver it said "hardware present: no".
any ideas how to get my wlan working (again)?
)
Is it safe to assume you've checked the BIOS to ensure that all your devices are enabled. This is the most common mistake an should be checked before you start messing around with anything else.
Oh, and make sure you haven't switched the hardware driver to Madwifi. I did and it didn't work.
I have absolutely no issues with my 900's wireless even after updating to the 2.6.28-13 kernel.
EeePC 701 Ubuntu 10.04 || HP Pavilion DV6 Linux Mint 17 Mate Edition

Return to “Hardware Support”