Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
MrGrimm
Level 5
Level 5

ZOHO Mail Appimage Will Not Launch From The Desktop

Post by MrGrimm » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:22 pm

till a couple of hours ago i have been using zoho mail without issue in mint. downloaded the appimage, rightclicked, properties, permissions, checked all 3 boxes for make executable, rightclicked on the desktop, create new launcher here, made launcher and it worked fine. now for some reason it simply will not run when clicked on the desktop. zoho runs fine from the start panel, but if i delete the desktop launcher and send the one from the panel to the desktop it still doesn't work on the desktop. i even went into where i have the actual appimage saved, clicked on it there and it launched fine. so to see if i could fix the issue i removed zoho, deleted the appimage i had, and downloaded a fresh copy, went through all the steps to create a new launcher on the desktop again and i get the same results now i just tried creating a launcher on the desktop for another appimage(plex media player), and it works perfectly. i am out of ideas on how to get zoho to behave, help please.

https://help.zoho.com/portal/community/ ... -31-1-2019
Last edited by MrGrimm on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrGrimm
Level 5
Level 5

Re: ZOHO Mail Appimage Will Not Launch From The Desktop

Post by MrGrimm » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:03 pm

looks like this has to do with zoho specifically. i just created a new launcher for it in my shortcuts folder which is on my desktop and it's still not working, but my appimage launchers for other app in that folder work just fine.

DAMIEN1307
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DAMIEN1307 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:22 pm

i have always just bookmarked my ZOHO email signin on my browser, works fine from there...DAMIEN
ORDO AB CHAO

MrGrimm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MrGrimm » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:42 pm

DAMIEN1307 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:22 pm
i have always just bookmarked my ZOHO email signin on my browser, works fine from there...DAMIEN
thanks while i appreciate the suggestion i really don't want to launch the browser every time i want zoho. plus i launch the app and i'm signed in automatically, whereas with doing it in the browser i have to signin every time cause i have the browser setup to erase all data on exit including cookies.

MrGrimm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MrGrimm » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:01 am

i created this thread back on the 31st of january and no one has run across this issue? i'm revisiting it cause mkvtoolbix just released a new update and i can create a launcher for it in my shortcuts folder but it will not run. same issue as with zoho on the desktop. with mkvtoolnix i went into the folder where i have it's appimage at and created a link to it and moved that to my shortcuts folder, and that actually launches it. i can live with this work around even though i'd like to get the actual launchers working,

one side question. i noticed that when i go to properties of the link it says it the size of the saved appimage and not just a few bytes like i would expect. is this a error and it's not actually 48 megabytes? thanks

Return to “Software & Applications”