PureVPN Money Back

Chat about just about anything else
AZgl1500
Level 11
Level 11
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

Re: PureVPN Money Back

Post by AZgl1500 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:46 pm

whoever wrote the SurfShark material, is not a native English speaker, and the grammar makes it hard to understand what he says.....

If he/she is an American, he/she is very illiterate

I see it totally as a scam to take our money, I won't be touching SurfShark with a 10 foot pole.

redlined

Post by redlined » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:07 pm

AZgl1500 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:46 pm
whoever wrote the SurfShark material, is not a native English speaker, and the grammar makes it hard to understand what he says.....

If he/she is an American, he/she is very illiterate

I see it totally as a scam to take our money, I won't be touching SurfShark with a 10 foot pole.
hi AZ, I read it as more a hacker speak, which can be easily misunderstood by, if not also very annoying to, folks grammar-wise. I lost interest, and trust, reading the first couple paragraphs of their "Independant Audit report"

Sadly, they use that unknown audit agency report to tout the goodness of their VPN service, but really all it is (to me anyway) is a vouchsafe for the web browser extension/addon that the company made, nothing to do with the VPN service itself.

...and frankly I think VPN addon for browser is a very bad idea regardless how it is packaged, certainly a waste of processing power when network.trr+esni+https are native (in Firefox 64+ anyway) and quite capable of providing equal amount of "privacy" as a browser VPN addon would provide.

Even more if some significant browser tweaking isn't done by the addon to reign in DNS totally... because if DNS is still being resolved by ISP then what's the point of VPN? both ISP and local snooping and geo-restriction avoidance are moot points considering poorly handled DNS requests (and they really are the only two points to consider wanting a VPN for in the first place :lol:

There's very few VPN service providers I trust as it is, even then trust is purely "faith-based" more than anything else and I see no compelling reason to add the surfershark dudes to my list of reliable and trustworthy offers. :|

edit to add: link- https://blog.innerht.ml/vpn-extensions- ... r-privacy/ (good read)
Last edited by redlined on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stormryder
Level 3
Level 3

Post by stormryder » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:40 pm

redlined wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:07 pm
There's very few VPN service providers I trust as it is
I don't trust any of them.
They profit from legislation that removes our right to privacy, I can't bring myself to believe some of that profit doesn't contribute to such legislation.

redlined

Post by redlined » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:15 pm

stormryder wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:40 pm
redlined wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:07 pm
There's very few VPN service providers I trust as it is
I don't trust any of them.
They profit from legislation that removes our right to privacy, I can't bring myself to believe some of that profit doesn't contribute to such legislation.
Now there's a theory I can get on-board with! :lol:

(sadly, inside my head, I do agree and largely fueled my faith in the hacker/hacktivist roots for two I use, airvpn and cotse. PIA is a stretch for me, and while I like what I read on mullvad site anyway, I simply had to try based on what appeared to be many more authentic reports I was finding elsewhere than the paid (sounding) reviews everything else seems so clogged with :roll:

For sure it is a difficult trust to earn and give in any regard for such a service, hoping for privacy. better to just suck it up and deal with slow bandwidth using Tor+Tor browser. If/when anonymity is my desire then Tor is the only player in town to actually give it decently.

callumbooth
Level 1
Level 1

Post by callumbooth » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:01 am

Surfshark have good Moneyback policy then others
So far, after three weeks, I am very happy with Surfshark. Since they had a money back guarantee I decided to try it (after reading that they actually pay back the money, even if it takes some time for some)
Surfshark servers here in Sweden are fast. It is stable and so far I have been able to watch BBC iPlayer nicely, it is a must for me as an anglophile :P (dont care much for US Netflix anymore, not much interesting to see there nowadays) my purpose for using this service i travel to china and this is perfectly works in china my opinion One Of The best CHina VPN Provider is one and only this is Surfshark Read Detail Review here

Return to “Open chat”