Gloria KDE CE. When?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Gloria KDE CE. When?

Post by Boo »

I have just uploade dev 044 for testing.
though we keep coming up with new ideas.

hopefully all tests will be ok and it will be the RC.
It has a Mint Dew KDE theme all through, apart from usplash which no one wants to fix upstream.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
doman18

Post by doman18 »

ATI has dropped support for ALL older Vid cards.
This is soooo ... outrageous! I didnt favor any of graphic cards even i have known that ATI's Crossfire is better than SLI. But now I consider only NVIDIA as main graphic for desktop.

BTW, is it true that Dolphin is main manager in KDE 4? If its true i would be veeeeery happy :)
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Boo wrote:I have just uploade dev 044 for testing.
though we keep coming up with new ideas.

hopefully all tests will be ok and it will be the RC.
It has a Mint Dew KDE theme all through, apart from usplash which no one wants to fix upstream.

Boo
Stoked for the upcoming release Boo! Thanks for the hard work....I'm sure it's gonna be sweet!
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

due to some bugs I have updated KDE to 4.2.4 and amarok to v2.1.
and trying to upload it for testing.

Boo.
Sorensei
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Sorensei »

Twinnie wrote:Any chance we can keep the green theme in as an optional extra?
I second that - I won't go as far as saying I hate blue, but I definitely prefer green... :wink:
I don't have a solution, but I do admire the problem.
mararual

Post by mararual »

Greaaat! I'm using Kubuntu Jaunty and its very fast and looks awesme, so I can only expect more from Mint's version. Amarok 2.1 looks awesome as well, with new features and polished looks.

Cheers.

:D
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Boo has uploaded the iso for testing and I am in the process of testing it. :D
wraybjoern

Post by wraybjoern »

mmmm yes mrgreen likes green too :mrgreen:
now if only I had Gloria KDE by the weekend ... hint hint nudge nudge wink wink.
WB
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

The KDE CE uses blue, it looks awesome by the way! You can customize the artwork to your taste if you prefer the green. I have completed testing the development iso, there were two small bugs but I approved the iso because I think the bugs are upstream issues. Clem will have to test out the iso and make the decision weather or not to release this to the public. Boo has made huge improvements to the Kubuntu base! KDE 4.2.4 is quick and resolves many issues found in the original Kubuntu base. Boo's decision to go with the Gnome Network Manager puts the release on par with some of the best KDE 4 releases out there. We will have to wait and see what Clem decides. Hang in there! :mrgreen:
Rob Brill

Post by Rob Brill »

Boo wrote:due to some bugs I have updated KDE to 4.2.4 and amarok to v2.1.
and trying to upload it for testing.

Boo.
Hi Boo,

Great News!

KDE 4.2.4 + amarok v 2;1 - Great!

I will love the BLUE color for Mint KDE CE 7 Gloria.

A sky of blue is so nice like a sea of green.

Thanks
Dalamar

Post by Dalamar »

pardon my ignorance but where can I download it so that I can give feedback? I'm using Linux Mint 7 now because Kubuntu 9.04 has a problem with playing sound in Flash videos in my PC. I hope there's none in KDE CE. Thanks!
Drake2k

Post by Drake2k »

I would like very much to try it out. I tinker like mad so I would be more then happy to find any inconsistancies and or bugs.

One thing I never liked about KDE 4.x is the network manager. Did I see someone say they were able to use gnome's network manager. Since I work in IT I like to be able to see hidden networks as well. Helps a lot for intrusion detection as well as being able to connect to networks that I simply don't remember the names for which reminds me of the main reason I didn't like KDE's network manager. It doesn't seem to auto-connect to networks when I tell it to. *shrug*

Keep up the good work guys. You're a hero.
dafi

Post by dafi »

Dalamar wrote:pardon my ignorance but where can I download it so that I can give feedback? I'm using Linux Mint 7 now because Kubuntu 9.04 has a problem with playing sound in Flash videos in my PC. I hope there's none in KDE CE. Thanks!
It's only a "Testing" Version so you (and myself ;-)) can't download. We have to wait for a RC.
Dalamar

Post by Dalamar »

Oh, I see. Thank! I'll wait for the RC then.
kage

Post by kage »

exploder wrote:I have completed testing the development iso, there were two small bugs but I approved the iso because I think the bugs are upstream issues. Clem will have to test out the iso and make the decision weather or not to release this to the public. :mrgreen:
Hi there dev team members,

Is there any news yet?

Please share it with us.

we're soooo curious.

kage
johonunu

Post by johonunu »

Me too ! I would like to try KDE edition :)
Gnarly

Post by Gnarly »

Why no pubic Beta? It seems to me that maybe this whole process wouldn't take so long if you had allot of people testing the bets out like most other distros.
This just takes so long this way. How does one get on the list to be able to test the betas?
dlkreations

Post by dlkreations »

With Mint, there is no beta program; all testing is done internally first with Exploder, Clem and the others and when it reaches an almost complete state, it is released as an RC. Once the final bugs are ironed out then it reaches final. I actually prefer it this way; sometimes less is more sp to speak.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

I have uploaded the latest DEV ISO for testing.
It looks much better, mainly the GTK apps look KDE like.

Boo
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I am testing the DEV Release now. So far so good!

Return to “Software & Applications”