3D Mint logo

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
caz
Level 4
Level 4

3D Mint logo

Post by caz »

untitled.jpg
Been messing around with Blender for the last few weeks. It's a bit of a learning curve but I think I'm headed in the right direction. I made this version of the Mint logo today. I will add the .blend file to this thread in case any one wants to have a play around with it... Well at least I will when I've found out how to.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Some stuff I made using FOSS http://caz747.deviantart.com/
jahid

Re: 3D Mint logo

Post by jahid »

nice design, caz.. :D
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Great!! You done good.
caz
Level 4
Level 4

Post by caz »

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated.
linux kiwi

Post by linux kiwi »

yea thats nice!
keep up the good work,,,
like the elegant logos'
i like shiney :D
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

caz wrote: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:21 pm untitled.jpg
Been messing around with Blender for the last few weeks. It's a bit of a learning curve but I think I'm headed in the right direction. I made this version of the Mint logo today. I will add the .blend file to this thread in case any one wants to have a play around with it... Well at least I will when I've found out how to.
Very nice. Two comments, first, the reflection of the letters in "linux" on the edge of the base of logo appear to me to detract from the logo because they look like a problem with the rendering. Second, I feel that the logo is too gold and not quite minty green enough. That's just my opinion and not intended to be critical. Nice work, well done.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
caz
Level 4
Level 4

Post by caz »

Cheers, linux kiwi, it's much appreciated. I like shiny too :D

Thanks, catweazel. Constructive comments are always welcome. It's quite an old render now this one, getting on for five years ago. Could be time for something new me thinks.
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BG405 »

That looks really good, though I agree with CatWeazel re. the gold (still nice anyway).

Nice to see someone getting away from all these boring flat logos. :mrgreen:
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
gm10

Post by gm10 »

BG405 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:55 pm Nice to see someone getting away from all these boring flat logos. :mrgreen:
This thread is from 2014, I think that was just before material design took hold. But 3D was already done at the time. Another 10 years earlier you could have gotten away with a spinning 3D logo though. ;)
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BG405 »

gm10 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:24 pm This thread is from 2014
:oops: I hadn't noticed that! Probably the worst case of "necrobumping" I've ever come across .. except in this case, the OP is still here, which is nice (and not all that usual, on here).

As for "progress" with respect to these UI changes, I'd rather call it regression .. :roll:
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE

Return to “Your Artwork”