chroot problems

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tdexor

chroot problems

Post by tdexor »

Hello I work for a school and have been experimenting with LTSP. I tried Mint as a recommendation and love it. But I am having some problems with getting the chroot to work. I type in the command "chroot /opt/ltsp/i386" and it says "chroot: cannot run command '/bin/bash': No such file or directory. I have went and verified that there is a folder for that path. I have done chroot --help and it gives me the help for it. I have tried searching forums and websites. If anyone has any ideas that would help I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
atlef
Level 4
Level 4

Re: chroot problems

Post by atlef »

sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386 would be more correct, you need sudo at the beginning of the command.

atlef.
tdexor

Post by tdexor »

Well I am logging in as root to get it set up so I didn't think that I needed it. And I just double checked and tried it and it says the same exact thing. Thanks for the quick response.
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

well, unless he's running it from a root bash shell. As I understand it he's got passed that stage by getting the bash error. As for the problem, have you checked that bash is installed at /opt/ltsp/i386/bin/bash?
tdexor

Post by tdexor »

No there is nothing past the /opt/ltsp/i386 it is empty. Any ideas on how to get it installed there?
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

Look at the installing bash section at http://www.ffnn.nl/pages/articles/linux ... or-cvs.php (second google hit)
tdexor

Post by tdexor »

Thanks I'll check it out and get back to you ASAP.
tdexor

Post by tdexor »

Well I still couldn't get it to work so unless there are any other ideas I'm going to try Ubuntu for LTSP again. But thank you everyone for the effort.
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

Well any LTSP setup instructions that work for ubuntu should work for mint too (I believe the edubuntu addon provides LTSP functionality), but if there's an ubuntu-based distro specifically written for LTSP, I'd say go for it.

Return to “Software & Applications”