[SOLVED] Unetbootin & Pendrivelinux bot get "An error occurred while loading the archive."

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jamesofyorkshire
Level 2
Level 2

[SOLVED] Unetbootin & Pendrivelinux bot get "An error occurred while loading the archive."

Post by jamesofyorkshire »

I'm trying to load Lubuntu on an old laptop.

First I'm trying to download either Pendrivelinux or Unetbootin to my PC (running Mint). When I try to open either download, I get this message: 'An error occurred while loading the archive.' So I can't even get past step one! Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kevin987
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Unetbootin & Pendrivelinux bot get "An error occurred while loading the archive."

Post by kevin987 »

If you're using the Cinnamon desktop, you can right-click the iso for Lubuntu and choose Make bootable USB stick
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon)
Linux Mint 19.3 (Cinnamon)
Bodhi Linux 6.0 (MokshaArcGreen)
Fedora 35 (Cinnamon)
jamesofyorkshire
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Unetbootin & Pendrivelinux bot get "An error occurred while loading the archive."

Post by jamesofyorkshire »

Excellent!!! Thanks Kevin. Easy when you know what to do!
kevin987
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kevin987 »

jamesofyorkshire wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:08 am Excellent!!! Thanks Kevin. Easy when you know what to do!
It seemed like a better solution than downloading a bunch of unnecessary software. Besides, I've seen some people in the forum complain about Unetbootin 8)
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon)
Linux Mint 19.3 (Cinnamon)
Bodhi Linux 6.0 (MokshaArcGreen)
Fedora 35 (Cinnamon)

Return to “Installation & Boot”