[SOLVED] MSI ex620x-204eu laptop/notebook speaker fix

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
walterav

[SOLVED] MSI ex620x-204eu laptop/notebook speaker fix

Post by walterav »

Linux Mint 7,
Livecd or install, laptop internal speakers not working, but headphone does!

Fix:
go to terminal and type:

Code: Select all

gksu gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
#copy paste the following 2 options at the end of the alsa-base.conf file in 'gedit'
options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1
options snd-hda-intel model=targa-2ch-dig
#quit 'gedit' and save changes
exit 
exit
restart your laptop

other:
All other options seem to work fine, network wired or even wifi. Suspend to ram "pauzeren" also works, with or without ati driver. Headphone jack disables sound from speakers, and sound goes to headphone. OSD , volume / brightness, wifi switch, bluetooth switch, touchpad tapping all works fine .
No info about hdmi, microphone, esata, cardreader, fingerprintreader, or the modem sorry, maybe in future I don't own the laptop.

bug:
Ati closed Hardware drivers, does give some strange problems with the Mintmenu, and with googleearth, disabling compiz only fixes googleearth. But Thats more Ati related.

Hardware:
MSI ex620x-204eu
ich9 chipset "ahci mode"
Audio:
-Intel HDA, ALC1200
-Ati hdmi audio
VGA:
-ati mobility radeon HD3470

PS:
I don't know which of the two rules option rules fixed the audio or both, But I just copied both, and it was fixed... so maybe one of the options rules is enough! I got the idea from this link. Although it didn't fix his problem... but it does fix ours :D

http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@l ... 24676.html

---updated---
corrected sudo -s > gksu
thanks to husse
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: MSI ex620x-204eu laptop/notebook speaker fix

Post by Husse »

sudo -s
gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
This shows how useful that file is
But I'd rather see

Code: Select all

gksu gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
This is because GUI apps should be opened that way as root, there is a small risk that things go wrong if not

Return to “Hardware Support”