Suggestions for Timeshift

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
mrkvchm

Suggestions for Timeshift

Post by mrkvchm »

Thanks for making Linux Mint! It's my favorite desktop operating system.

I really like Timeshift, but I have a couple of ideas that I think might make it even better.

In the Timeshift window, right-clicking on a snapshot allows me to mark it for deletion, and then it will later be deleted. However, once I've marked something for deletion, I wish I could use the same context menu to UNmark it. I have marked a snapshot for deletion by mistake and would like to unmark it if possible.

Another idea: It would be nice if I could PIN a snapshot to prevent it from being deleted automatically. I currently have the system set to save the last 5 snapshots automatically. But I would like to pin one to keep it for longer because I have made a system change and it might take me many days to decide if I want to revert it or not. I could then unpin it later to allow it to be cleaned up automatically.

Those are a couple of my ideas to make Timeshift even better. What do you guys think?

Thanks for your consideration!
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Suggestions for Timeshift

Post by Moem »

You might want to make these suggestions towards the developer of Timeshift. This is his Github page: https://github.com/teejee2008

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
LanceM

Re: Suggestions for Timeshift

Post by LanceM »

If you make such a change and want to save the snapshot, just make it manually and it will stay. You can label it by clicking it at the end and adding text.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”