LM19 panel laucher properties location?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
snowshoeb

LM19 panel laucher properties location?

Post by snowshoeb »

I'd like to copy my mate panel configuration from my LM19 mate laptop to my new system however the dconf dump of / does not contain the properties of the panel lauchers. Are these located in a centralized location somewhere?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: LM19 panel laucher properties location?

Post by smurphos »

Hi,

The dconf dump should contain keys for each of the panel launchers including the path to the relevant desktop file. The desktop file defines the the reset of the laucher properties.

e.g.

Code: Select all

steve@steve-VirtualBox:~$ dconf dump /org/mate/panel/objects/launcher-caja/
[/]
locked=true
launcher-location='/usr/share/applications/caja-browser.desktop'
menu-path='applications:/'
position=30
object-type='launcher'
toplevel-id='bottom'
If you've made custom launchers the desktop file will only be referenced by name without the full path. The desktop files for custom launchers are in ~/.config/mate/panel2.d/default/launchers
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
gm10

Re: LM19 panel laucher properties location?

Post by gm10 »

smurphos wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:39 am If you've made custom launchers the desktop file will only be referenced by name without the full path. The desktop files for custom launchers are in ~/.config/mate/panel2.d/default/launchers
That applies only to launchers that you create via the right click panel > Add to Panel > Custom Application Launcher tool. Otherwise as you said.

You can also save and load panel layouts via mate-tweak by the way, they get stored to /usr/share/mate-panel/layouts.

Return to “MATE”