LM19 panel laucher properties location?

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
snowshoeb
Level 1
Level 1

LM19 panel laucher properties location?

Post by snowshoeb » Tue May 07, 2019 1:24 pm

I'd like to copy my mate panel configuration from my LM19 mate laptop to my new system however the dconf dump of / does not contain the properties of the panel lauchers. Are these located in a centralized location somewhere?

Thanks

smurphos
Level 11
Level 11

Re: LM19 panel laucher properties location?

Post by smurphos » Sun May 12, 2019 2:39 am

Hi,

The dconf dump should contain keys for each of the panel launchers including the path to the relevant desktop file. The desktop file defines the the reset of the laucher properties.

e.g.

Code: Select all

steve@steve-VirtualBox:~$ dconf dump /org/mate/panel/objects/launcher-caja/
[/]
locked=true
launcher-location='/usr/share/applications/caja-browser.desktop'
menu-path='applications:/'
position=30
object-type='launcher'
toplevel-id='bottom'
If you've made custom launchers the desktop file will only be referenced by name without the full path. The desktop files for custom launchers are in ~/.config/mate/panel2.d/default/launchers
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

gm10
Level 18
Level 18

Re: LM19 panel laucher properties location?

Post by gm10 » Sun May 12, 2019 3:51 am

smurphos wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 2:39 am
If you've made custom launchers the desktop file will only be referenced by name without the full path. The desktop files for custom launchers are in ~/.config/mate/panel2.d/default/launchers
That applies only to launchers that you create via the right click panel > Add to Panel > Custom Application Launcher tool. Otherwise as you said.

You can also save and load panel layouts via mate-tweak by the way, they get stored to /usr/share/mate-panel/layouts.

Return to “MATE”