UI tweak question...[SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
invex
Level 4
Level 4

UI tweak question...[SOLVED]

Post by invex »

I'm using Mint 19.1 Cinnamon.
Is it possible to change the color of the number of apps/folders opened?
Attachments
Selection_618.png
Selection_618.png (2.76 KiB) Viewed 666 times
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: UI tweak question...

Post by smurphos »

The colour of the badge text and background is set by your choice of Cinnamon desktop theme.

If you like other aspects of the theme in use so don't want to change the whole Cinnamon desktop theme you'll need to edit your theme's cinnamon.css file to amend whatever css is set for these style classes.

.grouped-window-list-number-label

.grouped-window-list-badge

If you can confirm what Cinnamon desktop theme you are using and how it was installed I can be more specific....
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
invex
Level 4
Level 4

Post by invex »

Great!!

I use Adapta theme which I slightly modified and I"m quite sure I didn't touch cinnamon.css
Installed it with a deb file.
Yes, I only want to change the color of the badge.

> I can be more specific....
Thank you in advance.
Attachments
Selection_619.png
Selection_619.png (18.4 KiB) Viewed 635 times
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

OK, maybe I've misunderstood? - I assumed you were referring to the badge on the grouped window list icons in the panel indicating the number of instances of the app open. Is it the emblems in the File Manager you want to change?

By the way i'd recommend using Adapta downloaded via the Themes settings module rather than the upstream version - upstream was abandoned by it's developer not long before Mint 19.1 was released and it doesn't fully support Cinnamon 4.0. The version downloaded via the the Themes settings module does and has had various other bug fixes - it's this version - https://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/t ... iew/Adapta

If it the grouped window list badge you are referring to here is how it looks in the Cinnamon Spices version.

For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
invex
Level 4
Level 4

Post by invex »

Thank you again.
Sorry. I shouldn't send the screenshot. I only sent to show the directory structure.
Yes, I'd love to change the color indicating the number of instances.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

OK in the Cinnamon Spices version of Adapta you need to open the themes cinnamon.css in a text editor and navigate to these lines and edit as required.

The first sets the characteristics of the text, the 2nd the characteristics of the texts background. i.e as written - white text on a black circular background. Don't bother trying to change the font characteristics - they are hard-coded in the grouped-window-list applets code in the current version.

Code: Select all

.grouped-window-list-number-label { font-size: 9pt; color: #FFFFFF; font-weight: 700; }

.grouped-window-list-badge { border-radius: 256px; background-color: #000000; }
In the deb version these lines won't exist in cinnamon.css so you'll need to add them - doesn't really matter where.

Colors can be defined by hex codes or if you want transparency rgba codes.

Examples

.grouped-window-list-number-label { font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-weight: 700; }

.grouped-window-list-badge { border-radius: 1px; background-color: #00BCD4; }

.grouped-window-list-number-label { font-size: 9pt; color: #D41E00; font-weight: 700; }

.grouped-window-list-badge { border-radius: 256px; background-color: rgba(0, 188, 212, 0.7); }

.grouped-window-list-number-label { font-size: 9pt; color: #00BCD4; font-weight: 700; }

.grouped-window-list-badge { border-radius: 256px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.01); }
invex
Level 4
Level 4

Post by invex »

Done.
So much joy from such a small tweak :)
Thank you *very* much!
Attachments
Selection_622.png
Selection_622.png (7.78 KiB) Viewed 549 times
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

You are welcome :) looks nice.

It would be good to edit the title on your first post in the thread to add [SOLVED]
invex
Level 4
Level 4

Re: UI tweak question...[SOLVED]

Post by invex »

Done.

Return to “Software & Applications”