[SOLVED]Does boat rockers 400 Bluetooth headphones work on Linux mint ?CHECK LAST post for SOlution

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ninemen

[SOLVED]Does boat rockers 400 Bluetooth headphones work on Linux mint ?CHECK LAST post for SOlution

Post by ninemen »

i'm currently using dual boot When i went to my friends house he converted his 5.1 home theatre to a bluetooth one by plugging Bluetooth usb dongle and it was working well on his phone,my phone.But when i connected it on mint it was not working it just showed connected for a minute and the disconnected.But when i booted into windows it worked flawlessly.
I'm planning to buy Boat Rockerz 400 On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones (Carbon Black)
Link:- https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01J82 ... _qh_dp_hza
should i buy it.i'm afraid if it will not work on mint then my money will be wasted. it's an popular headset
Also my phone works well when i connect it to mint through blutooth.using blueman i can even listen my phone's audio through mint.
if someone has bought it and it's working well please tell me thank you in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Does boat rockers 400 Bluetooth headphones work on Linux mint ?

Post by MrEen »

Hi ninemen.

On your Amazon link, if you scroll down to the Customer questions & answers section, you can search for "linux" and see this result:
Loved the product
By Shobhit T. on 29 January, 2018
Loved the product. works well with my windows, android, ipad and linux but do need to remove and add device whenever i use it in my linux. Guessing its an OS issue.
Hope that helps.

P.S. You might need to do what I did in this post to get them working properly. Those same steps might get your friends system working on Mint as well.
ninemen

Post by ninemen »

thanks for your initiative but i tried the same steps steps on your post but my friend's system didn't work.my best guess is this might be the issue

Code: Select all

user@user:~$ pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover
Failure: Module initialization failed
user@user:~$ sudo pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover
[sudo] password for user:          
user@user:~$ 
Though my phone works well with mint in terms of bluetooth
Edit
just googled it and kinda find solution
https://askubuntu.com/questions/689281/ ... oth-module

user@user:~$ sudo pactl unload-module  module-bluetooth-discover 
user@user:~$ sudo pactl   load-module  module-bluetooth-discover 
but i dont have any bluetooth device now and can't go to his for few week or may be months any comment the number

is lucky for me.
also can you solve my this problem also
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=296600 thanks
Last edited by ninemen on Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Most likely the module was already loaded and that's why the command failed. I thought it might be worth a shot.
ninemen

Post by ninemen »

But if it was already loaded then it should have connect automatically but the results were opposite
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

I was just taking a shot that the issue might simply be that the module wasn't loaded, and that's why it didn't work. There appears to be something else causing the issue.

I believe the "35" is the PID or something similar.

Using sudo might be causing some pulseaudio permissions issues. Normally, we run pulseaudio as the user, not as root. The following should show pulseaudio running with your username: sudo fuser -v /dev/snd/* If you see root instead of you username, you should kill the pulseaudio process and use pulseaudio --start to restart as your user.
ninemen

Post by ninemen »

user@user:~$ sudo fuser -v /dev/snd/*
                     USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/controlC0:  user    2033 F.... pulseaudio
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

ninemen wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:14 pm also can you solve my this problem also
I'm not sure what you mean as I've touched on both the friends system and the Boat Rockers.

In the thread I linked to, I also purged Blueberry and installed Blueman instead. That might get the system working for more than a minute, if the friend is using Blueberry. Also, if the dongle is in a USB3 port, try changing it to a USB2 port if possible.

Does that help at all? If not, please be more specific.
ninemen

Post by ninemen »

I'm not sure what you mean as I've touched on both the friends system and the Boat Rockers.
sorry gave you the wrong link this one is correct :viewtopic.php?f=46&t=296490

ok i too installed bluman and it would show my device in bluman too but when i clicked on pair it loads for a few seconds and then nothings happens seems it doesn't pair then i click on connect and it gets connected but doesn't work
i followed all your above steps but the only difference was when running pactl module it was showing failed but now it's showing 35. i thought this would solve the problem but accoding to you
MrEen wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:58 pm I was just taking a shot that the issue might simply be that the module wasn't loaded, and that's why it didn't work. There appears to be something else causing the issue.

I believe the "35" is the PID or something similar.

Using sudo might be causing some pulseaudio permissions issues. Normally, we run pulseaudio as the user, not as root. The following should show pulseaudio running with your username: sudo fuser -v /dev/snd/* If you see root instead of you username, you should kill the pulseaudio process and use pulseaudio --start to restart as your user.
ninemen wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:14 pm

user@user:~$ sudo fuser -v /dev/snd/*
                     USER     PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/controlC0:  user    2033 F.... pulseaudio
ninemen wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:22 pm thanks for your initiative but i tried the same steps steps on your post but my friend's system didn't work.my best guess is this might be the issue

user@user:~$ pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover
user@user:~$ sudo pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover
Though my phone works well with mint in terms of bluetooth
Edit
just googled it and kinda find solution
https://askubuntu.com/questions/689281/ ... oth-module

user@user:~$ sudo pactl unload-module  module-bluetooth-discover 
user@user:~$ sudo pactl   load-module  module-bluetooth-discover 
but i dont have any bluetooth device now and can't go to his for few week or may be months.
MrEen wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:20 pm
ninemen wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:14 pm also can you solve my this problem also
if the dongle is in a USB3 port, try changing it to a USB2 port if possible.
it only has usb 2.0
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

ninemen wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:00 am ok i too installed bluman and it would show my device in bluman too but when i clicked on pair it loads for a few seconds and then nothings happens seems it doesn't pair then i click on connect and it gets connected but doesn't work
If it's connected but not working, maybe all you need to do is select the Bluetooth device for output. I use the Playback tab of pavucontrol to do that.
ninemen wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:00 am sorry gave you the wrong link this one is correct :viewtopic.php?f=46&t=296490
That isn't something I usually help with. Others can probably do a better job of describing what you should do than I could. As it's been a few days, it is acceptable to bump the thread so others will see it at the top again.

One thing I will say, you absolutely want NTFS for the shared partition. Windows can't read the ext4 partitions, but Mint has no issue reading a NTFS partition.

Also, you want to install Windows FIRST. Then install Mint.
ninemen

Post by ninemen »

MrEen wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:52 pm If it's connected but not working, maybe all you need to do is select the Bluetooth device for output. I use the Playback tab of pavucontrol to do that.
It is not showing device in output tab :(
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

While it's connected, start a song or video and run pacmd list-sinks in the terminal. Paste the output back here.
ninemen

Post by ninemen »

Thank you it is now working properly also it works best on a2dp profile but on hsp/hfp i am not able to listen any sound and also test sound is also empty though not a problem as a2dp is working fine.

Can you tell me how can i check battery remaining on headset ,when i connect it to android i can easily see in notification bar.But i have not found such in mint please assist thanks in advance
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

If you're using a 19.x version of mint, see if the level is indicated in the output of inxi -Fxz. I know there is a Battery section in the newer versions of inxi, but I'm on 18.3 with an ancient version that doesn't include that. I don't know if the battery sections includes Bluetooth devices.
ninemen

Post by ninemen »

i checked it and it is only showing me the battery of my laptop and not Bluetooth device.in android it show it natively in windows there is an app but in linux i didn't found anything. thanks for suggestion on what next .
Also how do you check battery stats of bluetooth devices.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Here's a thread with some ideas on this very topic: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/490 ... e-on-linux

About half way down the page there is a solution by OlivierM that might work if your Bluez version is at least 5.48. You can check that with apt policy bluez
ninemen

Post by ninemen »

i'm getting errror so i ran both commands of dbus

user@user:~$ bluetoothctl
[NEW] Controller 0C:60:76:BD:04:12 user [default]
[NEW] Device FC:58:FA:BE:FB:C3 boAt Rockerz 400
Agent registered
[boAt Rockerz 400]# exit
Agent unregistered
[DEL] Controller 0C:60:76:BD:04:12 user [default]
user@user:~$ apt policy bluez
bluez:
  Installed: 5.48-0ubuntu3.1
  Candidate: 5.48-0ubuntu3.1
  Version table:
 *** 5.48-0ubuntu3.1 500
        500 http://mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in/ubuntu-mirror/ubuntu bionic-updates/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     5.48-0ubuntu3 500
        500 http://mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in/ubuntu-mirror/ubuntu bionic/main amd64 Packages
user@user:~$ dbus-send --print-reply=literal --system --dest=org.bluez /org/bluez/hci0/dev_FC:58:FA:BE:FB:C3 org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get string:"org.bluez.Battery1" string:"Percentage"
dbus[16499]: arguments to dbus_message_new_method_call() were incorrect, assertion "_dbus_check_is_valid_path (path)" failed in file ../../../dbus/dbus-message.c line 1366.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.

D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
Aborted (core dumped)
user@user:~$ dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez /org/bluez/hci0/dev_FC:58:FA:BE:FB:C3 org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect
dbus[16623]: arguments to dbus_message_new_method_call() were incorrect, assertion "_dbus_check_is_valid_path (path)" failed in file ../../../dbus/dbus-message.c line 1366.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.

D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
Aborted (core dumped)
So i thought may be a new version should do the work but when configuring ver5.50 got Glib error so instead i booted into live usb disk manjaro cinnamom as they were talking about arch linux still got the same error
1.png
Thank you what next
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

From all my searching that was the only possibility. It's even discussed a bit on the Blueman git page here: https://github.com/blueman-project/blueman/issues/947
ninemen

Post by ninemen »

Yes thank you but what next what to do maybe you could guide me also can u really tell me about hsp/hfp and A2dp
as i'm not able to get sound when using hsp but with a2dp its nice.Thanks for helping i think we may 90% found the solution also if our dbus level is below 4.48 can we check battery may be i could live boot into older mint version and give it a shot.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

At this point, I don't know anymore than you do. The one thing I know, you want A2DP over the other anyway. The sound will not be as good over the other.

Return to “Hardware Support”