Video with Asus M2N4

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jibe
Level 3
Level 3

Video with Asus M2N4

Post by jibe »

Hi,

I just got an Asus M2N4 motherboard (with Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor and 512 Go Ram) and installed Linux Mint. But I cannot read any video file or DVD. I tried with Totem, GXine, VLC and MPlayer, and the result is always the same : seems that it will start (the display window opens, the very first image - when it's not all black ! - appears and I can hear the sound begin, but immediately the window closes...

I tried with several commercial video-DVDs, MPEG and AVI files. Same result for all !

I already installed several Linux Mint on several computers, and never had this problem... I don't think that I made a mistake somewhere (but who could be very very sure ?). Could it be a hardware incompatibility ? Is there a way to have videos working well ?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

ok but what video card are you using?

the m2n4-SLI does not have onboard video.

if it is an nvidia or ati card have you run envy to apply the best video drivers?

:D
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
jibe
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jibe »

Boo wrote:ok but what video card are you using?
Argh ! I was afraid of that :lol:

I use a SIS 6326 :oops:
It's an old PCI (not PCI Express :? ) video card I had, and I would like to use it waiting to buy a good all-in-one tuner+video card...

Do you think that the problem could be with it ? Seems to work well for office applications (but it's true that it's not needing special qualities)...

I'll try to see if I can find a driver for it... As it seemed work, I didn't install any...

Return to “Hardware Support”