Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Largaroth

Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Post by Largaroth »

Hi, I recently converted to Linux Mint 7 from Windows (I changed from my Ubuntu in order to install the drivers for my new Sound blaster Audigy SE sound card, But I really got tired of Windows really quickly >.<) and so i no longer have the drivers for my sound card... However, the sound works out of the box this distro (as it does in Ubuntu, but I wanted to benefit from the drivers for my new card =D)... But the one problem I have, is recording Sound, i simply can't, I have checked my alsa mixer, and put everything the way it should, my input is set to use ALSA in my preferences and all, but the input simply won't function, I've tried with two different microphones, and one of them I am sure works on my parent's Windows box... If anybody has any suggestions, I would be very grateful ! :D

EDIT : I do have a default Chipset which is a realtek brand sound chipset, but it no longer works, and I have not deactivated it, i think I will try that and see how I get on

Largaroth
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clhodapp

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Post by clhodapp »

Hmm. Can you try setting your system up to use PulseAudio for input in the sound settings and then installing and launching "padevchooser". It appears in your system tray and if you right click it and go to "Volume Control -> Input devices, there is a mixer. Does your device show there and does it pick up audio from it (indicated from the bar below the volume slider)?
Largaroth

Post by Largaroth »

it was installed as default on my system, and I have already tried to fiddle with it, but I haven't gotten anywhere :x... i'm starting to wonder whether or not my sound cards Line in jack is working :x...
clhodapp

Post by clhodapp »

Lol... sounds like its up in the air... Does it at least appear in some form in the dropdown for "Sound Capture" under the "Audio Conferencing" section of the sound properties window? And as a side note, do you have two menu entries called "sound" that do different things? I do and it's kind of annoying me now. I am wondering if it installed that way or if I installed a package that made the second entry. Speaking of which I'm referring to the menu item with the sub-text of "Enable sound and associate sounds with events", in case you do have two (or in case you have one and it's the other one, so my directions confuse you). Oh well, enough digression, go check :wink: .
Largaroth

Post by Largaroth »

Yes, I do have two dropdowns under conferencing, one for playback, and one for capture, and in the capture menu I have several options for my Audigy card, all of which are either ALSA or OSS (also, my BIOS don't allow me to deactivate my intergrated sound chipset, so I might need help doing that in Linux if anybody knows how ^^'...

okay, so i have already been trying settings with this menu, and these are the options I get (in the conferencing par, under capture)

Audigy SE [SB0570] CA106 (ALSA) **
*some options for my integrated card which does not work*
Audigy SE [SB0570] CA106 (OSS)
And then the normal just
ALSA
OSS
PA
Test Sound
Silence.

** When click the Test button, I get this error : Failed to construct test pipeline for 'gconfaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! gconfaudiosink profile=chat'

Return to “Hardware Support”